Take a gastronomic tour of some of the best Bak Kut Teh versions in Ang Mo Kio, Singapore. Known for its flavorful broth and soft pig ribs, this well-liked regional staple meal is expertly interpreted in AMK Bak Kut Teh. This district provides a wide range of Bak Kut Teh experiences, from classic peppery variants to delicious treats laced with herbs. Savour this delicious journey and indulge your senses while appreciating the rich history and skillful cooking that characterise the top Bak Kut Teh restaurants in Ang Mo Kio. Learn just why AMK is known for Bak Kut Teh today!
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Eng Kee Bak Kut Teh
A treasured culinary gem in Ang Mo Kio, Eng Kee Bak Kut Teh has been providing delicious food for more than 20 years. The braised pork knuckle in savoury dark soy sauce is a must-try meal that offers a distinct taste that cannot be found anywhere else in Singapore. It is renowned for its outstanding quality and affordable rates. Even though the restaurant has different hours, customers are ready to wait up to an hour, which is evidence of how important flawless cooking is. Eng Kee is a longtime favourite in the centre of Ang Mo Kio because of the supple pig trotter and the flavorful soup, Bak Kut Teh with pepper.
1. This is my favorite stall for bkt, been having it for at least a good 20 years. The quality of food is good and price is reasonable, the must try dish would be the braised pork knuckle in savoury dark soy sauce. The taste cannot be found anywhere else in sg. I did a take away of 2 x Pork Rib , 1 x Pork Knuckle and a Salted Veg for $27, definitely can feed more than 2 pax.
2. Open time can vary depends on cooking/prep time, spbe mentally prepared to wait. This time we waited for 1 hr (ie 11am instead of 10am). The helper auntie told us the approx time it would open, so we ate other dishes when we waited. Great that they valued the quality of cooking, no complaints when i bit into the perfectly cooked pork leg or ribs. And very nice patrons to introduce us food around the hawker center, feels so welcoming and warm.
3. The pork trotter taste good and the meat is tender with the fatty skin, superb. For the BKT, it is in pepper flavour and the soup is nice. However, the meat for the BKT is stiff. It a pity that they don’t have Fried Dough Sticks (油条).
Operating Hours: 10 AM – 3 PM Tuesday to Friday | 9 AM – 3 PM Weekends | Closed on Monday
Address: Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Stall No 01-04 Blk 341, Singapore 560341
2. Hong Ji Claypot Herbal Bak Kut Teh- AMK Branch
In Ang Mo Kio, Hong Ji Bak Kut Teh is a unique hidden gem that provides a delicious gastronomic experience. At a fair $7, the quantity comes with fresh pork and a rich, earthy broth that tastes like Klang Bak Kut Teh from Malaysia.
This establishment, which is close to Ang Mo Kio, is notable for its first-rate service, with employees constantly topping off the herbal soup. Frequent customers laud the delicious mee sua that is served in a simple herbal soup with various parts of the liver, stomach, and intestines of pigs. Hong Ji Bak Kut Teh is a highly regarded dining establishment in the region since it serves savoury and delicious meals and has additional alternatives like pig kidney.
1. Decent portion of meat for 7sgd. The pork was fresh and the broth has an earthy deep flavour which tastes almost similar to Klang Bak Kut Teh in Malaysia. Definitely a rare hidden gem! Add on 70 sen for a bowl of rice and ask for garlic to pair with the herbal soup!
2. Hidden gem. This outlet is situated at a coffeeshop near Mayflower MRT Station (TE6) Exit 4. The herbal soup served in claypot is so good that I spare no single drop left. Price is reasonable and service is excellent. Staff comes to tables to top up soup upon request. He even remembers what I usually order as I come twice weekly at lunch and dinner, sometimes with my family. My favourite is a bowl of mee sua served in plain herbal soup with a claypot of assorted pig intestine, stomach and liver. Add another $1 I get a flavourful pig kidney. There are other dishes to add. Side dishes $1.20 each. Delicious. Save me the trouble of boiling soup long hours. Not to say having to prepare the ingredients which can be difficult and expensive to re-create the same at home. Highly recommended.
3. Probably the best food for the money among the three coffeeshops in the area. Intestines mee suah is v good.
Operating Hours: 9 AM – 9 PM
Number: 9682 2614|
Address: 11 #01-138 Ang Mo Kio Ave 4, Block 107, Singapore 560107
3. Parkson Bak Kut Teh
The greatest Bak Kut Teh experience in Singapore can be found at Parkson Bak Kut Teh, which is tucked away in Ang Mo Kio and has a true Malaysian style with creamy herbal soup. Strong herbal notes abound, with a tasty combination of sliced meat, pig belly, leg meat, rice sausage, beans and mushrooms. Despite the seemingly little servings, the enjoyment is great, leaving one feeling quite satisfied. The spicy dry Bak Kut Teh is very noteworthy; its flavorful and savoury squid make it a must-try. Admired by lovers of Bak Kut Teh, this place is unique in that it serves you a satisfying and real Malaysian meal.
1. The herbal flavor is very strong. It contains ribs, sliced meat, pork belly, rice sausage, leg meat, pork liver, beans, and mushrooms. The portion is not a lot, but I am very full for one person. There is also a spicy dry bak kut teh, you must try it! The salty flavor of squid overflows in your mouth, which is enough to finish a bowl of rice!
2. I tried several Bak Kut Teh restaurants in Singapore and finally found one that suits my taste. I recommend trying it if you are a Bak Kut Teh connoisseur.
3. Hidden in the corner of food court is the best bak kut teh in Singapore.It’s truly Malaysia style bak kut teh with a good herbal soup ,Nice👍🏻
Operating Hours: 11 AM – 9 PM
Number: 9297 0329
Address: 122 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Singapore 560122
Go on a gastronomic adventure to enjoy the best AMK Bak Kut Teh in Singapore. This beloved neighbourhood staple, renowned for its flavorful broth and tender pig ribs, is served in extraordinary ways at AMK. Taste senses are tantalised by AMK’s broad assortment of Bak Kut Teh experiences, which range from classic peppery varieties to herbal-infused pleasures. This delectable voyage celebrates the rich history of a well-loved dish while showcasing culinary prowess, making Ang Mo Kio a centre for outstanding Bak Kut Teh pleasure.