Traditional Chinese medicine or TCM is often described by many as a more natural alternative to ridding the human body of various health conditions and ailments. Practitioners of TCM would claim that it can accomplish results that would otherwise call for surgical methods if treatment was handled by modern medical science. Aside from various influences and time-honored perspectives, TCM offers a lot of benefits to the body which a lot of people swear by–hence the many patrons flocking back for its traditional nature and approach in the age of modern medical advancements. If you happen to have some physiological concerns, check out these 3 of Singapore’s best TCM clinics located in Hougang and pay a visit!
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Herbs Health TCM
The family that started Herbs Health TCM has been in the business for over 80 years. Founded by a 3rd generation Chinese Physician who migrated over to Singapore in 1928 from Yong ding, Fuijan province in China, established a TCM shop which grew and evolved throughout the years. Today, Herbs Health TCM evolved by opening an e-commerce portal as an attempt to expand on its customer reach, catering to a wider group of both local and international customers and their respective healthcare needs. Herbs and Health TCM aims to share their knowledge and expertise in TCM and help bring awareness of its benefits through its wide variety of services.
Herbs Health TCM’s clinical services specialise in concerns related to gastrointestinal, cough, flu, men’s health, women’s health, kid’s health, weight management, shortness of breath, among others. Whatever your concerns might be, Herbs Health TCM is dedicated to providing you with the TCM experience that you need to help you improve your lifestyle!
1. My go-to TCM clinic! I’ve been visiting here for a few years now, and I’ve always had a positive experience. The doctor is knowledgeable and experienced, and the staff is friendly and helpful. I’ve found that the prices for treatments and medications are reasonable, and I appreciate that I can always get an appointment quickly. I’m so glad I found this clinic!
2. Have been purchasing items from this medical hall for years and recently tried their TCM treatment as I’ve heard good reviews. The dr was friendly and knowledgeable. The treatment helped to relieve my lower back pain.
3. A well-stocked TCM shop with a sinseh who is patient and able to help me with my ailments. It’s good to have a reliable TCM clinic to visit in the neighbourhood.
Operating Hours: Monday – Saturday: 8.30 AM-8 PM | Sun 8.30 AM-1 PM
Number: 6288 2546
Address: 210 Hougang Street 21, #01-237, Singapore 530210
2. Chinese Medical Centre- Hougang Branch
A TCM clinic that is dedicated to providing you with the most comprehensive TCM experience is Chinese Medical Centre. This TCM clinic has 10 other locations strategically spread through various points in the island of Singapore, namely Yishun, Bugis, East and West Jurong, Punggol, Sengkang, Eunos, Choa Chu Kang, West Coast, Seng Kang, and Tampines. Their locations multiple locations is a testament of how they are patronized by Singaporeans because of their services, such as consultation with their seasoned physicians! Their physicians will come up with a comprehensive health diagnosis to help determine the best TCM treatment or therapy for you!
They offer Tui Na to help you relieve a variety of bodily sores, such as stiff necks or lower back pains. But if relief is not your concern, they also have beauty TCM which is guaranteed to help you look years younger and slimmer! So not only can they help
1. I have been visiting the HG outlet for tuina sessions periodically to release my stiff shoulder and backaches. My therapist, Lee Chui is very professional . On top of the usual stiff shoulder and backaches, she has helped and improved my muscle tensions and strains whenever I share of one.
2. Had a great session with Licui as she uses the right strength for different areas to help ease the prolong pains and aches. She is also friendly and provide lots of tips on home self care! Greatly recommend her.
3. Been following the Shifu for some time. My favorite is Xu Chunmei. Her Tuina skill is very powerful and accurate to the point! My neck and shoulder problem was fixed by her after I tried at other places.
Operating Hours: Monday- Sunday: 10 AM-8.30 PM
Number: 6581 9079
Address: 21 Hougang Street 51, #01-29 Green Shopping Mall, Singapore 538719
3. J-S Medical & Acupuncture Centre
For a TCM clinic attended by a physician with close to 20 years of experience, have a go with J-S Medical & Acupuncture Centre! Having been recognized as a skilled Chinese physician by multiple Singaporean institutes, J-S Medical & Acupuncture Centre offers a variety of services, such as the standard acupuncture, Gua Sha, multiple injury treatments, herbal bandaging, general medicine, herbal foot spa, and slimming services. Quite the list, isn’t it?
This TCM clinic has merited mostly positive reviews because of Dr. Sim Chee Lai’s effective application of his TCM skills and knowledge. A member of the “Association For Promoting Chinese Medicine” and a certified Chinese Massage Physician by the “Singapore Chong Yee Chinese Physician Centre”, you can put your worries with J-S Medical & Acupuncture Centre and Dr. Sim Chee Lai, and start living a better quality of life!
1. Knee pain for a week. After seeing the doctor, recovered after a few days. The doctor quite experienced, once look, know the root cause. Price is reasonable $71, did some acupuncture, bandage and medicine. Highly recommended. First time visiting.
2. My family and I have been going to this TCM ever since I was a child. Reliable and professional physician whose charges are reasonable. Although some parts of the clinic looks old, the treatment areas and medication prescription areas are clean and the overall ambience of the clinic makes me feel at ease. Good job!
3. Dr Sim is very patient to ask what happened and explain to me how to heal faster. The bill was $46 for consultation, 7 days of medicine (powder) and medicated bandage, which is very reasonable. I would definitely come back when I have other injuries in the future, and won’t hesitate to recommend J-S to others.
Operating Hours: Monday- Saturday: 9.45 AM–12 PM, 1 PM–6 PM | Closed on Sunday
Number: 6284 9325
Address: 436 Hougang Ave 8, Singapore 530436
Whether you’re trying to alleviate your body of various pains and illnesses, or just to help your body look and feel young, these TCM clinics in Hougang are the ones we deem the best when it comes to helping you out!