Located near the central business district in Singapore, Tanjong Pagar is well known for its unique dining experiences, cultural monuments and lively cafe scene. Embark on your journey into Tanjong Pagar’s diverse cafe offerings and immerse yourself in one of these four unique cafes in Tanjong Pagar with distinctive interiors and culinary delights.
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Elijah Pies
Hidden beneath Tanjong Pagar Food Centre, Elijah Pies is known for her visually stunning pie creations and inventive flavor pairings. The Tanjong Pagar location is their first dine-in cafe, providing customers with a serene and cozy atmosphere while they savor their delicious pies, paired with a cup of tea or coffee. For chocolate lovers, indulge in their signature Nutella pie, featuring a smooth, velvety chocolate filling atop a crisp tart shell, and topped off with crushed roasted hazelnuts for the perfect flavor combination.
1. The flavors are quite interesting & the box of mini pies make it a perfect sharing treat. Texture of the crust is perfect. Flavors are created with such care, it’s not overwhelming and not too sweet. Have tried the previous set of flavors and they were great too. It’s time to try the regular size 😆😋
2. Passed by the cafe after lunch and thought we’d try something. Since we just had lunch we just bought one pie and one drink, some Yuzu pie and a warm pistachio drink. The drink was yummy, the pie was alright, the meringue was not too sweet so that’s good for me. The place was clean, the staff were friendly, the only downside is that the toilet was wet.
3. I love the cozy cafe vibe here, it’s so inviting! Managed to get their mini pies! It’s absolutely adorable! The picture says it all! it’s incredibly cute, and my friend couldn’t resist taking one before I had a chance to snap a picture. The staff are very approachable! Will definitely come back for more!
Operating Hours: Monday to Wednesday: 10AM-6PM | Thursday to Sunday: 10AM-10PM
Number: 9855 9480
Address: 7 Tanjong Pagar Plz, #01-102, Singapore 081007
2. Champion Bolo Bun
Indulge in the delightful experience of savoring a soft and fluffy Bolo Bun, carefully crafted and baked at Champion Bolo Bun. As you take a bite, relish the satisfying crunch of the cookie crust exterior, as it leads to the plushy middle that offers a perfect blend of sweet and savory goodness. For those feeling adventurous, explore their other flavors such as the Curry Potato Bun or the exclusive breakfast special, available only from 8:30 am to 12 pm on weekends. It is the perfect breakfast cafe near Tanjong Pagar MRT to grab a quick on-the-go meal.
1. This cafe basically offers bolo buns made in a few different varieties. They have the basic, butter and also the one with the egg and spam. A pity that we missed the egg and spam one as we were late. According to the staff, they usually sold out around 11-12 noon. So a reminder to come earlier next time. The cafe offers up to 2.5 levels of sitting. Level 2 has more tables. They also offer free water that is self served. I think the no-frills concept and the warmth of the cafe decor is welcoming. Highly recommend it.
2. We really liked the Bolo Bun with butter combination ($5.50 each). The crust is crispy and hot, while the bread is soft and milky. The salted butter on the inside gave it a bit more creaminess and complexity. Drinks were quite basic, but it was good enough to try. Would definitely recommend this spot if you are looking for guilty pleasure.
3. This cafe basically offers bolo buns made in a few different varieties. They have the basic, butter and also the one with the egg and spam. A pity that we missed the egg and spam one as we were late. According to the staff, they usually sold out around 11-12 noon. So a reminder to come earlier next time. The cafe offers up to 2.5 levels of sitting. Level 2 has more tables. They also offer free water that is self served. I think the no-frills concept and the warmth of the cafe decor is welcoming. Highly recommend it.
Operating Hours: Weekdays: 11AM-7PM | Wednesday: CLOSED | Saturday and Sunday: 8.30AM-7PM
Address: 92 Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore, Singapore
3. The Glasshouse
The Glasshouse is a popular cafe in Singapore, most known for its pristine and Instagram-worthy interior design. The store’s interior concept infuses natural lighting and garden-inspired decor elements into space to create a clean, minimalistic and sophisticated ambience. Their menu features a diverse selection of gourmet toasts, burgers, sandwiches, and desserts, providing customers with a delightful space to dine and relax. First opening its doors at CHIJMES, The Glasshouse has expanded to Neil Road, with the second cafe near Tanjong Pagar MRT and Outram Park MRT.
1. Beautiful environment and the barista is super friendly. Went in to have the burnt cheesecake taken away and a cup of cold brew. Cold brew is a decent and value choice. $6.5 for it and it tastes great. The burnt cake is intense and smooth. The most inner layer is molten, probably because it’s left outside for a while. The environment is very bright and clean, love it!
2. I loved the ambience of the place! Everything was super aesthetic. The staff was really friendly and constantly checked up on us if the food was alright. We ordered the tater tots, mushroom ragout pasta of the week, corn fritters, and hummus with toast. Everything was a hit! The corn fritters are a must try, it paired perfectly with the sour cream. Hummus with toast was great as well, but hummus was on the dryer side. Although slightly expensive, everything here was worth the price given the ambience and customer service.
3. Very surprised by the portion of mains here. I got the House-made Hummus Bowl with Toasts ($17) and was blown away by the sheer size of it. Taste was better than most cafes. Colleague ordered the Fried Chicken Waffle ($22) and boy, did it look good. Will be back to try other mains and their coffee.
Operating Hours: Daily 8AM-6PM
Number: 8351 3821
Address: 136 Neil Rd, #01-01, Singapore 088865
4. The Populus Coffee and Food Co.
The Populus cafe stands out as one of the best cafes in Tanjong Pagar with its distinctive gastro-cafe concept that offers a mix of Western dishes like pasta, burgers, breakfast sets, and Japanese donburi rice bowls. Go on an empty stomach to savor both their delectable meals and desserts. If you are heading down for a drink, explore their curated selection of artisanal teas by Tea Bone Zen Mind or indulge in their specialty coffee blend sourced from Brazil and Ethiopia, expertly crafted by 2 Degrees North Coffee Co.
1. Reserve ahead for the weekend, 75 min dine-in time as it’s super busy. Came for the buckwheat pancakes and loved it. Blueberry compote with fresh fruits and crispy cornflakes crumble complement the grainy and soft yet moist and fluffy pancake (sounds crazy). Very filling. Scrambled Eggs and harissa fried eggs with lamb are good too.
2. There is truly something special about this brunch place. Not sure if it’s the decadent food, the superb service or the fantastic atmosphere and decor. I first ordered their homemade cold mocha brew, and it was very rich in flavor and literally the best way to start your day. For the mains, we ordered fried chicken topped on a crispy spring onion pancake and a giant croissant filled with creamy scrambled eggs and sizzling bacon. I loved both of them, not sure which one more. The pancakes with chicken were very hearty and the egg and bacon croissant is a classic. We ordered their walnut cheesecake for dessert to split and it was moist, but firm at the same time with a tasty frosting. The food prices may seem expensive, but for the great quality ingredients and inspired plates you are getting, it’s totally worth it. The restaurant is a bit small and can be very busy, so make sure to reserve beforehand. The cooks are very talented, apparently they won quite a few competitions in the past.
3. Nice ambience with coffee aroma when you step into the cafe. The coffee is nice and suits my preference. All the food we order is nice and tastes good. Definitely will come back again.
Operating Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Sunday: 9AM-6.30PM | Wednesday to Saturday: 9AM-9.30PM
Number: 6635 8420
Address: 146 Neil Road, Singapore 088875
If you are looking for a nice cafe in Tanjong Pagar to visit, check out these four best and must-try cafes in the vibrant neighborhood. From cozy hideaways to trendy hotspots, indulge in the diverse culinary experiences this area has to offer.