Explore the culinary haven of Tanjong Pagar, filled with authentic Italian cuisine. From handcrafted pasta to exquisite wines, explore these four best Italian restaurants located in the heart of Tanjong Pagar to experience the unique charm and warm ambience as you embark on a delightful exploration of Italy’s culinary delights.
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Etna Italian Restaurant- Duxton Branch
Established in 2006, ETNA Italian Restaurant strives to provide authentic Italian food and dining experience in Singapore. The name “ETNA,” inspired by the famous volcano in Italy, honours the finest ingredients and remarkable produce that the restaurant uses from the Sicily region. It is a culinary lover’s paradise, serving a broad selection of dishes with Mediterranean influences. From a modest trattoria to a modern and elegant ristorante, the restaurant takes pride in providing authentic Italian hospitality, creating a unique eating experience with its cosy and welcoming atmosphere. Rich in flavour and bursting with aromatic spices, ETNA promises guests a delicious meal at affordable trattoria prices, served in generous portions.
1. My family found our favourite Italian restaurant now. We loved every dish that we ordered. The pastas were memorable. Every bite was al dente. And the chocolate sauce that came with their cannoli was amazingly rich. It brought me back to Paris where I had the best hot chocolate that tasted like liquid chocolate.
2. The menu says “Contemporary Italian cuisine with a Sicilian touch made only from the finest ingredients imported from Italy 🇮🇹 where the food commands centre-stage!” And I have to say that they are living up to the billing. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, really excellent food, Good atmosphere. Interesting neighbourhood. What’s not to like?!
3. My friend and I had a great dinner experience here, the wine recommendations were good and we thoroughly enjoyed the ravioli with pistachio sauce, burrata pizza and tiramisu. Would like to appreciate the attentive service and from the dinner team, and especially Dennis, who checked on us regularly to make sure everything was great(: Thank you for the hospitality once again!
Operating Hours:12 PM – 2.30 PM, 6 PM – 10.30 PM
Number: 6220 5513
Address: 49/50 Duxton Rd, Singapore 089513
2. Ristorante Luka
Ristorante Luka is a contemporary Italian restaurant specialising in Pizza, Pasta and Griglia. Led by Chef Takashi Okuno, Ristorante Luka is dedicated to showcasing the team’s strong passion for delicious Italian-Japanese cuisine. Boasting a casual yet sophisticated ambience, the restaurant exudes a timeless elegance that complements its exquisite menu of specially curated Italian-Japanese delights and wine selections to showcase the finest quality ingredients and culinary craftsmanship. From traditional Italian pasta and pizzas to Japanese fusion dishes, experience a symphony of flavours offering gastronomic excellence in Tanjong Pagar.
1. The food was absolutely amazing! Ingredients are very fresh and premium, elevating the whole dish. We ordered the prosciutto pizza, mentaiko pasta, and tiramisu for dessert. Was just nice for two people, we were extremely happy and satisfied. Can’t wait to come back and try more things on the menu!
2. Food was really really REALLY good. The texture of the mentaiko Ikura pasta was perfect & the toppings on the pizza were super duper fresh. I’ve never been a fan of tomatoes till now. The only setback was that the server forgot to key in our risotto order & when it was served, it was a little undercooked. They made up for it by serving us a complimentary slice of tiramisu & it was a generous slice. One of the best tiramisus I’ve had. Will definitely return again!
3. Was there on Christmas eve. Place was cosy and was not crowded. Staff was attentive. Food ingredients were fresh and highly recommend the risotto.
Operating Hours: Monday – Saturday: 12 PM – 2.30 PM, 5.30 PM – 12 AM | Sunday: 12 PM – 2.30 PM, 5.30 PM – 10.30 PM
Number: 6221 3988
Address: 18 Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore 088441
3. Pastaria Abate
Inspired by authentic Italian home-cooked dishes, Pastaria Abate is set in the ambience of an Italian home dedicated to serving authentic homestyle Italian cuisine. This charming eatery captures the essence of traditional Italian homestyle cooking, delivering a menu of dishes handed down through many generations. The dishes are inspired by the regional flavours of Italy, offering an exquisite Italian dining experience each time you step into the restaurant. Experience the warm and inviting ambience to elevate your dining experience, making Pastaria Abate a delightful destination for those seeking a genuine taste of Italy alongside the warm Italian hospitality in the heart of Tanjong Pagar, Singapore.
1. Very good establishment with very nice trattoria style food. Try the meatballs! Neapolitan style pizza! Service Personnel Faith was very kind to assist us throughout. Thank you very much for the pleasant experience. We will be back.
2. Really enjoyed my time here with my family. Faith and the rest of the staff were really lovely and my parents loved the service. Food was also exquisite. My mom loved the oxtail pasta, for me the pepperoni arrabiata. But their Garlic prawn pizza was the highlight! Highly recommended!
3. Have been frequenting Pastaria Abate for many years, since their old location as well. Always been satisfied with the food options and the pastas are always top notch. My go to place for pasta for sure even after trying multiple other pasta places. Meatball pasta and carbonara are outstanding so give them a shot! Love their fried mozzarella as well, a must try when you are there.
Operating Hours: 11.30 AM – 10.30 PM
Number: 8201 5155
Address: 86 Neil Rd, Singapore 088846
4. Pasta Bar
Pasta Bar is a hidden culinary gem in Tanjong Pagar that offers a unique dining experience. The restaurant, which is well-known for its passion for creating exquisite pasta dishes, prepares its pasta daily in-house using a range of premium ingredients and expertise tailored to the kind, texture, and bite of the pasta required. The menu is an ode to classic Italian tastes, including recipes and techniques passed down to provide a variety of pasta selections, individually capturing the uniqueness and regionality of Italian cooking. Over a bowl of pasta, Pasta Bar encourages you to savour the authentic essence of Italian cooking to create a memorable dining experience.
1. An incredibly mind-blowing experience. Having the food made in front of us whilst we waited made us so hungry we ended up ordering more dishes on top of our original order. Every dish was executed perfectly and tasted amazing.
2. Excellent service from the wine sommelier that stays in Johor. Had the experience menu, not even a hint of regret. The food and presentation exceeded expectations, it is one of the best courses I’ve had in my life.
3. Simply the best pasta i have ever had the pleasure of consuming. Got sea urchin and beef ragu pasta with beef tartare on the side. All three were simply delicious and super fresh. Especially the beef tartare! The sea urchin pasta was simply divine. Even the butter sauce tasted like umi and literally melted in your mouth.
Operating Hours: Monday & Tuesday: 6 PM – 11 PM | Wednesday – Sunday: 12 PM – 3 PM, 6 PM – 11 PM
Number: 6222 0637
Address: 55 Keong Saik, Unit 01-05, Singapore 089158
Offering a symphony of flavours that captivates the senses, check out these four best Italian restaurants in Tanjong Pagar for a gastronomic culinary experience filled with handmade pasta, oven-baked pizza and fine wines. These restaurants provide an unparalleled experience for food enthusiasts.