Embark into a culinary journey of exquisite flavors and spices, filled with the essence of Indian heritage, for an unforgettable culinary experience. From traditional Indian cuisine to innovative vegetarian dishes, explore the three best vegetarian restaurants in Little India, Singapore, for a variety of flavourful and plant-based delights.
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Madura’s Vilas
Madura’s Vilas is a pure and authentic vegetarian Indian restaurant in the heart of Little India. Since 2007, the restaurant has continuously served authentic Indian flavours and traditional delights to locals and tourists alike. Madura’s Vilas focuses on quality, taste and personalised services, offering quality vegetarian dishes packed with flavour and spice to tantalise your taste buds. Savour their signature menu items such as the Mutton Chettinad Briyani made with mock meat, Vegetable Briyani Meal, and South Indian meals. Amid the bustling and vibrant area, the restaurant offers an amazing culinary experience that captivates vegetarians and food enthusiasts.
1. Pure vegetarian restaurant situated opposite Tekka market. Strategic location. Had breakfast. Pooris were served with delicious channa curry and masala potato. Onion rava thosai was crispy and the chutneys were fresh and yummy. Coffee with cow’s milk was simply superb. Service was fast and staff were friendly. Service with a smile. Upstairs dining is available when seating is full downstairs. Rest room located upstairs.
2. Food was good. You can enjoy the Indian taste of vegetarian food. This is situated in little Italy and served piping hot and delicious Indian food. The restaurant was a pure vegetarian restaurant.
3. The best restaurant for Vegetarian Food. Foods are very delicious, the Staffs too kind to us when serve the food,(Suresh- Casher / Paremes) really enjoyed the foods and the services! I’d definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who’s looking for good Indian Vegetarian. Thank you for the best food! Will come again :)☺️
Operating Hours: : 7 AM – 10 PM
Number: 6291 6161
Address: 12-14 Buffalo Rd, Singapore 219786
2. Gokul-Raas Vegetarian Restaurant
Dedicated to delivering 100% pure vegetarian dishes to their customers, Gokul-Raas Vegetarian Restaurant serves all its food without onions, garlic, eggs, or MSG and with less oil. The restaurant is a testament to fusion and modernity, serving a variety of cuisines, including Indian, Chinese, Malay and more. It is the perfect destination for people looking for vegetarian food options in Singapore and seeking a culinary journey that encompasses plant-based dining. Step into Little India’s vegetarian haven, where each dish offers a remarkable taste of the different cultures and cuisines offered.
1. Good variety on the menu but I do find it moderately highly priced. Service was typical yet they really do have interesting things on the menu with Chinese and muslim influence. It has its own character but I do very much prefer pure Indian cuisine. It’s nice for the occasional change. Location was good, walking distance to the Little India train station and restaurant is clean and cool with air conditioning.
2. One of the few fully allium-free Indian vegetarian eateries in Singapore. The menu is eggless and vegan-friendly; but it is best to confirm with the staff verbally when ordering! (E.g. Heard that dairy cream might be drizzled on top of the butter chicken if you do not explicitly say you want a vegan version.)
3. This place came highly recommended by my Indian vegetarian friend. True enough, every dish Is done perfectly well. The mock meat mutton tastes almost like real meat, and the curry with it is just right in terms of the mix of spices. All the bread was piping hot and thin. The bryanni rice’s fragrance just opens up the appetite. I was told that their “chicken” is a hot favourite and I saw many tables ordered it. Will come back again.
Operating Hours: 10.30 AM – 9.30 PM
Number: 6396 7769
Address: 19 Upper Dickson Rd, Singapore 207478
3. Ananda Bhavan Vegetarian Restaurant
Established in 1924, Ananda Bhavan Vegetarian Restaurant stands as one of the oldest Indian vegetarian restaurants in Singapore. The restaurant was first opened along Selegie Road and has since expanded its operations to five other outlets, including two located in the heart of Little India. Ananda Bhavan Vegetarian Restaurant serves a wide selection of North Indian, South Indian and Indian-Chinese cuisines. The restaurant delivers delicious and healthy meals without the use of MSG, artificial preservatives, artificial additives, or used oil. Their menu offerings include an extensive range of both South Indian and North Indian dishes and snacks, including Veg Pulav, Sambar Idly and Naan Sets.
1. My favourite place for thosai – they have daily specials with different flavours. Large portion size. Try out their desserts too!
2. Pure and authentic south Indian vegetarian food. Not very pricey but not cheap either. Right price. Serves north Indian vegetarian food also. Very popular in Singapore. Some outlets are crowded. Avoid peak times. South Indian Thali at $9.10 all inclusive is highly recommended. The trick is that if you do a take away they give twice the portion and easily two people
3. Very good taste indian vegetarian food. Presentation also good, fast service, a lot of branches anand bhavan, this is near tekka place.
Operating Hours: Monday – Wednesday: 9 AM – 1 PM, 2 PM – 5 PM, 6 PM – 9 PM | Thursday – Saturday: 9 AM – 1 PM, 2 PM – 5 PM | Closed Sundays
Number: 6291 1943
Address: 663 Buffalo Rd, #01-10 conservation area, Singapore 210663
Explore the hidden gems of Little India’s vegetarian dining scene. Offering traditional vegetarian dishes and fusion creations, these three best vegetarian restaurants in Little India promise an exciting culinary experience with a symphony of flavours.