Tanjong Pagar is home to some of Singapore’s best bakeries, which provide a delectable selection of pastries in a variety of flavours and styles. These bakeries near Tanjong Pagar MRT guarantee a feast for every palette, from the fragrance of freshly made bread to an array of pastries. Whether it’s traditional croissants, artisanal sourdough breads, or unusual concoctions, these bakeries near Tanjong Pagar make delectable selections that appeal to a wide range of preferences, making them a must-visit for pastry fans in Singapore looking for quality and variety.
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. So Good Bakery- Tanjong Pagar Branch
With a selection of genuine pastries and buns, So Good baking in Tanjong Pagar provides a delicious experience of Hong Kong’s baking culture. From renowned classics like egg tarts and pineapple buns to innovative options like cream cheese bread and shio pan, their menu caters to a wide range of tastes. The pastries have light, fluffy textures, and regulars love the cream cheese crispy buns and custard buns. It’s a great destination for a fast fix of nostalgic Hong Kong-style baked products that take you directly to the streets of this culinary wonderland, with cashless payment choices and a friendly environment.
1. Stayed at a hotel just nearby. Visited pretty much daily to grab some buns for my breakfast. Absolutely loved this bakery. It is based on Hong Kong bakery options and they are doing them proud!
2. As the name suggests.. this is so good! I usually get a few pastries for takeaway – the cream cheese crispy bun and the custard buns are my favourite. Today we tried the cheese tart ($2.5 for two) and the egg tart. Both very nice – especially the cheese tart.
3. Visit for a quick HK style bakery fix. Apart from the usual nostalgic polo buns (with and without fillings like charsiew), sausage buns, there are still some trendier items like the shio pan, and this circular cream cheese bread.
Operating Hours: : 8 AM – 9 PM
Number: 6636 1661
Address: 100 Tras St, Unit 01 – 10 & 14A, Singapore 079027
2. Nick Vina Artisan- Tanjong Pagar Branch
Nick Vina Artisan is a standout bakery in Tanjong Pagar, serving a variety of delectable artisanal breads & pastries. Their sourdough breads, which are widely renowned for their softness, rich tastes, and lightness, make an indelible impression. There’s something for everyone with a varied range that includes classic sourdough, rye, and wholemeal kinds. Online orders are discounted, plus the bakery’s polite service and nice dine-in seats make for a pleasant experience. From the quality of their bread to the variety offered, this bakery is a favorite among bread lovers.
1. The sourdough loaf I bought today might be the best one I’ve had in my life! Super soft, flavourful, light. Really perfect!
2. Lovely Artisan bakery in Icon Village. Good variety of freshly baked artisan breads, sandwiches and desserts at reasonable prices. Tried the Classic sourdough $6.80, light & tasty. Coffee is quite good & there’re seatings for dine in. Friendly service. Definitely coming back for more.
3. Very nice bread both in taste and quality. A lot of choices in sourdough white loafs and a few rye and wholemeal options. Order ahead online and get a 5% discount. Parking available in the building.
Operating Hours: 8 AM – 8 PM | Closed Sunday
Number: 6224 7848
Address: 12 Gopeng St, #01-54/55 Icon Village, Singapore 078877
3. Alice Boulangerie
Alice Boulangerie charms customers with a delectable selection of pastries and beverages, always receiving accolades for its morning dishes and artisanal drinks. The egg and chocolate hazelnut croissants stand out for their large contents and well-balanced tastes. The bakery’s dessert selection is distinctive, but heavier and sweeter, with noteworthy coconut-based delicacies, particularly the mushroom-shaped confection laced with gula Melaka. The café impresses with a diverse coffee menu, offering a variety of options to match the wonderful pastries. Customers constantly praise the cafe’s consistent quality and tastes, as well as the well-crafted and delectable beverages, such as the matcha latte with oat milk. Alice Boulangerie is highly recommended for its delectable goods and charming environment.
1. Ordered 3 consecutive days of delivery for my breakfast cos I really enjoyed it. I like how the croissant isn’t too oily/buttery and the egg filling was generous. Chocolate hazelnut croissant (not pictured) was good too.
2. Exquisite selection of menu specially the bakery items. The pastries are very unique but can get too heavy and sweet too. A single serving of croissant can easily shared by two for example. The mushroom looking dessert is their specialty, recommend it if you like anything coconut based with gula Melaka. Overall a nice dessert place to satisfy your cravings. They have a huge selection of coffee too.
3. My hubby and I visited this gorgeous Cafe bakery each day of our trip and we thoroughly enjoyed every drink we purchased.
Operating Hours: 8 AM – 9:30 PM | Sunday: 8 AM – 6 PM
Number: 8874 3300
Address: 12 Gopeng St, #01-05/11 Icon Village, Singapore 078877
4. Chocolat N’ Spice- Tanjong Pagar Branch
Chocolat ‘N’ Spice has a special place in many people’s hearts for its exquisite muffins, which frequently fly off the shelves, especially the must-try banana walnut kind. Their many flavors never fail to please, with blueberry and cheddar being personal favorites for many. The bakery’s superb service and reactivity make it a go-to for large orders, and it has received accolades for its exceptional handling of Christmas giving. This old-school bakery in Tanjong Pagar serves muffins at a reasonable price, attracting nostalgic customers yearning for delectable delights before it closes. Customers intend to visit other locations despite the impending closure, having been inspired by the wonderful and reasonably priced muffins.
1. My favorite muffins of all time! The banana walnut is a must eat in my opinion. But the other flavors are equally great too! Their muffins always sold out if you come too late!
2. Used them for my mass Christmas gifting this year to great success! Super responsive and helpful in managing my orders. My personal favourites are definitely the blueberry and cheese flavours.
3. Love the muffins here. Grew up with it. It has a home-y taste.
Operating Hours: Weekdays: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM | Sunday: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM | Closed Saturday
Number: 9276 2110
Address: 1 Tanjong Pagar Plz, #01-18, Singapore 082001
As seen from the wonderful selection of best bakeries Tanjong Pagar has to offer, few places are better to find the best bakery than near Tanjong Pagar. Head down today to get your fill of delightful fresh pastries!