An older estate full of nostalgic sights and sounds, dim sum in Geylang Singapore has long been a highlight for many locals and residents alike when it comes to looking for good eats on this island nation. For enthusiasts looking for great dim sum, Geylang offers no shortage of premier options that make any visit a worthwhile one. Get ready to sate your hunger and satisfy your tastebuds with these best dim sum spots in Geylang, Singapore.
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Shi Wei Xian Hong Kong Tim Sum
Shi Wei Xian in Geylang serves traditional Hong Kong dim sum with a long culinary history. Their delectable yet reasonably priced cuisine includes outstanding delicacies like as char siew buns and silky porridge. It is regarded as one of the greatest in the east, however it only works on weekends and holidays, probably due to personnel constraints.
Families return year after year, lured by its crowded mornings and fondness for meals like chicken feet, chee cheong fun, and har kow. Despite its restricted opening days, the quick service and adequate dim sum selection give it five stars, making it a popular destination for fulfilling appetites without exceedingly high expectations.
1. Very authentic hk dim sum with a very long history of food business branding. The dim sum are very yummy and reasonably priced. Especially their charsiew bun and porridge. Sweet and soft buns and smooth thick porridge. Easily one of the best in the east. But they only open on Saturdays and Sundays and Public Holidays though which is pity. Maybe it is due to lack of manpower.
2. Our family, especially my father favourite dim sum place! Been eating there since I was super super young (prob kindergarten), and till now I will bring my husband over!! my father visited this morning and it was packed with people at 9am! Reasonable price with delicious dim sum! ❤️ love their chicken feet, chee cheong fun and har kow! 👍🏻
3. This place seems to be only opened on Saturday only. I am not too sure but I did not hesitate to order my fave items and ate all I could. The food arrived within 5 minutes after I ordered. Speed is why I gave this place 5 stars. The dim sum variety is pretty decent but do not expect premium restaurant fare. To me this fits the bill and my taste.
Operating Hours: Weekends: 7 AM – 4 PM | Closed Weekdays
Number: 8111 4950
Address: 1015 Geylang East Ave 3, #01-109, Singapore 389730
2. Mongkok DimSum- Geylang Branch
Mongkok Dim Sum in Geylang is a pleasure for dim sum enthusiasts. Their Steamed Rice Rolls and BBQ Pork Buns are standouts, with a silky texture and flavorful flavor. Despite the quiet weekday nights, it surprises with a myriad of tasty meals, ranging from ha gao to hot chicken feet, with each dish gaining praise, particularly the real prawn paste chicken skin. Because of its accessibility to hotels and expansive environment, it is an excellent pre-dinner visit, offering a nice eating experience before the masses come. With a menu full of original tastes and noteworthy dishes, it’s a restaurant worth returning to for its delectable offerings.
1. I like their Steamed Rice Roll, it’s smooth, slippery, and, it’s soft, with that sweet savory sauce they have. I also like their BBQ Pork Bun.
2. Was in the area and decided to give this plc a try as we saw good reviews online. We were there on a tue night and there was barely any crowd. We were glad we tried though because the plc really lived up to its high reviews! We’ve orded Hao gao, pan fried carrot cake, prawn paste chicken skin, beancurd roll with shrimp and pork, Chin cheong fan, steamed rice with pork ribs, spicy chicken feet, Shanghai pork dumpling and everything, including its hot sauce, was great!
3. Few meters away from my hotel. Spacious. The food was good. Dine in before dinner so it’s not crowded yet.
Operating Hours: 24/7
Number: 8484 8829
Address: 214 Geylang Rd, Singapore 389274
3. Dim Sum Wen Dao Shi
Despite the anticipated long lines, Dim Sum Wen Dao Shi in Geylang impresses with its broad menu and antique decor. Patrons love the nostalgic yet analytical approach to adult dining at 126, especially the busy environment. This restaurant distinguishes out with its patio overlooking the lively Geylang streets, providing a unique but intriguing dim sum experience.
The lively atmosphere, handcrafted ice drinks, and continual activity lend a distinct appeal. This hawker stall provides great delicacies like seaweed-wrapped pork for a genuine Singaporean experience, indoors or out, encapsulating the spirit of excellent hawker dim sum food within the bustling Geylang setting.
1. Was surprised by their great variety of dishes options.. can u imagine i took 10min to finish browsing their menu 😅 everything is just perfect in terms of tastes / vintage ambience / pricing except the super long queue which is totally inevitable. Overall pleasant experience
2. Dim Sum I tell ya. Is different when you have it as an adult. We are more critical and judgmental on the food and way less patient when it come to waiting for a table. But when the food bangs and hits, that’s some good reminiscence. 126 place always pack at any time of the day. It even has a patio sitting overlooking the busy streets of the Geylang hood. And lots of movement, plates coming in, going out, people ordering and drinking the homemade ice drinks on this kitchen plastic containers. Love the feeling. Lot different from the other dim sums but this is a place that you don’t wanna miss out.
3. Most excellent hawker dim sum food. True Singapore experience, sitting outside in the heat next to the street. Couldn’t ask for better. I do believe they have indoor dining, they were really busy. My favorite was the seaweed wrapped pork, but it was all so good.
Operating Hours: 24/7
Number: 6746 4757
Address: 126 Sims Ave, Singapore 387449
As seen from the many premier picks when it comes to dim sum, Geylang is a definite must-visit for locals looking for the perfect spot to experience authentic and delicious dim sum. Dim sum in Geylang Singapore holds the title as one of the best in this island nation.