For the Eastern estate of Bedok, many hidden culinary gems wait to be discovered in the many Bedok hawkers setting up stalls in the many Bedok hawker centres. It is no wonder residents there are never out of recommendations for the best eats in the area! In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the 3 best Bedok hawker centres that are sure to delight your taste buds with their affordable yet tasty dishes!
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre
Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre, located next to Bedok Mall and MRT Station, serves a variety of delectable local food from long-established vendors. Though refurbished, several iconic vendors have changed, retaining its inexpensive appeal. Spacious seating with huge fans guarantees comfort and stands out for its ventilation. It is easily accessible and diversified, and it remains a great choice for authentic meals at moderate pricing.
It is a gastronomic wonderland with selections ranging from braised pork rice to sweets and drinks, catering to a wide range of desires. Despite changes, it retains its reputation as a go-to site for authentic, budget-friendly Singaporean cooking, making it an unmissable culinary destination.
1. Lots of nice local food here. Many long established food stalls are here too. Seating areas quite spaced out and with big ceiling fans. Shouldn’t miss irbid hawker centre I f you are looking for good and affordable local foods. It’s next to Bedok Mall, Bedok Bus Interchange and of course Bedok MRT Station. There’s a Djitsun Mall nearby too.
2. I grew up eating at this hawker center for nearly 20 years. First visit after they renovated. A lot of the old stores were gone. But there are some new ones. Still one of the cheapest place to get some real food in Singapore.
3. The biggest hawker centre that is highly accessible. The high ceilings and fans make the ventilation better than a typical hawker centre. There’s a huge variety of hawker food and given the prime location (beside mrt), the prices are considerably affordable. The braised meat rice is one of my fav here. From meals to desserts to drinks, Bedok Hawker is a food haven u shouldn’t miss.
Operating Hours: : 7 AM- 10 PM
Number: 6225 5632
Address: 208B New Upper Changi Rd, Singapore 462208
2. Bedok Food Centre
Bedok Food Centre, a hidden treasure on the East Coast, serves up fast, tasty snacks for both residents and visitors. Despite the fact that there has been little investigation, the immaculate facilities and welcoming environment stand out. It caters to different tastes with a wide local breakfast menu, including halal alternatives, providing early treats like Mee Rebus and satay.
Despite the absence of wheelchair accessible, the busy area claims increased food quality and variety, albeit at a somewhat higher price. Despite accessibility issues, it remains a top pick for its wide culinary range and lively environment, renowned for its satay dishes and ongoing appeal.
1. Dropped off passenger around East Coast and was trying to get some quick bite and continue my grab driving. First time here but this place is pleasant, clean toilet, good food (thought that I only tried this carrot cake). Ppl here all very friendly ❤️❤️❤️
2. Great place for local breakfast extensive menus available. Lots of halal options. Seen here a plate of Mee Rebus with satay at 7.45am.
3. Almost all stalls sell some form of satay dish. As always, tables almost full of patrons. Not wheelchair friendly place. But quality & selection of food had vastly improved. (Together wth the price hike.) Still best!
Operating Hours: 8 AM – 10 PM
Number: 6225 5632
Address: 1 Bedok Rd, Singapore 469572
3. Block 16 Bedok South Market & Food Centre
Block 16 Bedok South Market & Food Centre is a beloved hawker hotspot that has been renovated to provide a clean, airy, and pleasant ambiance. It is a gastronomic wonderland, with renowned vendors providing fishball noodles, rojak, nasi briyani, and more, including the famed Farah’s cafe. Its eastern location flourishes with a diverse array of local and international dishes, from chicken rice to Japanese ramen, appealing to all palates at reasonable pricing. It’s a go-to destination for comfort meals like lontong and fish ball noodles, with roughly 60 vendors, fostering positive vibes and exquisite experiences for food fans in the region.
1. This has always been one of my favourite hawker centres since young. After renovation, it is now clean, spacious and airy. There are lots of good food here for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Famous stalls include the fishball noodles, rojak, nasi briyani etc. My favourite drink stall is Farah’s cafe. The owners are super friendly 😊. Cheers.
2. Block 16 Bedok South Market & Food Centre is a bustling hawker centre located in the eastern part of Singapore. It boasts a wide variety of delicious food options, ranging from local favorites such as chicken rice and char kway teow to international delights like Japanese ramen and Korean bibimbap. The prices are affordable, and the atmosphere is lively, making it a must-visit for any food lover in the area.
3. Good vibes at this large hawker centre in eastern part of Singapore. About 60 stalls offering local favourites like fish ball noodles, chicken rice, lontong, and mee siam etc. Had fish ball noodles today, washed down by home-made lemon tea.
Operating Hours: 8 AM- 8 PM
Number: 6225 5632
Address: 16 Bedok S Rd, Singapore 460016
As can be seen from the wonderful selections above, looking for a Bedok hawker that serves up quality affordable food is not at all a tall task! With such great pickings in these Bedok central hawker centres, diners in the area are sure to be spoilt for choice!