Explore unique dining destinations and the culinary prowess of the finest Japanese restaurants along Orchard Road. From traditional sushi to modern fusion creations, each establishment promises a gastronomic journey that caters to discerning palates. Discover the flavours, artistry, and ambience that make these four best Japanese restaurants near Orchard Road stand out in the heart of Singapore.
Note: This list is not in order.
1. UYA – Wheelock Place Branch
Celebrate the mastery of authentic Kansai-style Live Eel Japanese Cuisine at UYA. Offering a culinary symphony of flavors, UYA is a Japanese restaurant known for its delectable charcoal-grilled eel. Their signature dish, the Hitsumabushi, showcases thick slices of charcoal-grilled unagi paired with Niigata rice, delivering a delightful blend of crispiness and tenderness. Choose from the three recommended methods to savor your Hitsumabushi experience. Elevate the experience by exploring additional rice bowls and à la carte eel menu items. For those seeking fresh, premium, and delicious unagi, UYA is a must-visit place because of its attractive atmosphere and extensive menu of hearty rice bowl selections. Explore the artistry of Japanese cuisine at UYA, where each bite is a culinary journey.
1. Great Food. The eel is crispy on skin, still tender on meat. Eel liver is recommended, tender, pair another part of liver crunchy. The Bone is seasoned with salt. The have sweet sauce and peppercorn on table add on personal preference.
2. my go to for unagi bowls! Food was great delicious, the sashimi chirashi bowl and platter were both very fresh and tasty. Made a reservation for my family to celebrate a birthday, the restaurant was quiet and lovely and the meal was overall great.
3. This restaurant is well known for its Unagi. There are the salted and sweet type. Previously tried the Hitsumabushi and really like it. See coaster pic for instructions on how to eat. The sashimi and chirashi bowl are very fresh. Definitely my goto joint for chirashi and unagi.
2. Tanuki Raw- Orchard Central Branch
A fusion of contemporary Japanese cuisine with an American twist, enjoy the fun-filled experience of flavors and textures at Tanuki Raw in Orchard Central. Tanuki Raw presents a delectable fusion that captures the carefree essence of American cuisine paired with the meticulous attention to detail characteristic of Japanese culinary traditions.
The restaurant offers a warm atmosphere, surrounded by delectable food offerings, ideal for casual meals and gatherings, at Orchard Central, of contemporary Japanese food with the carefree vibe of dishes with American influences. Tanuki Raw at Orchard Central offers an array of dishes, including their popular fresh oysters, Truffle Yakiniku Donburi and sashimi. The truffle yakiniku bowl impresses customers with its clear and delightful truffle notes, paired with the salty and meaty flavor of the beef. The unique delights and wonderful ambience make Tanuki Raw a go-to for fun and fresh Japanese dining in Orchard Central.
1. It was another impromptu weekday lunch at Orchard Central and today we decided to visit Tanuki Raw. The missus heart oysters much and this is definitely the to-go for her. The cocktails are done straight in front of us and the bartender was nice and friendly. The sashimi we ordered were fresh and the oysters were to our liking. The carpaccio is nicely seasoned and my lady had a great experience. We will be back for more during dinner hours soon and many thanks for hosting us well Tanuki Raw.
2. Food was delicious, the sashimi were very fresh. Truffle yakiniku bowl had very clear and nice taste of truffle. Portion sizes are alright. Very fast service even for a weekend lunch. Highly recommend ordering bowls as a set with green tea, miso soup and salad for only additional $3.
3. A new favourite for fun and fresh Japanese food. We had an excellent time. The team was just so nice and the manageress Lucille was absolutely warm and hospitable. The food was executed to perfection – the ingredients fresh and the flavours sparkling. Highly recommend! We’re going back for sure.
Went back. Just as good. Tried a couple of new items. Everything was fresh and made to perfection!
3. The Sushi Bar – Ngee Ann City Branch
Serving a delightful array of curated menu items, The Sushi Bar stands out as a premier Japanese dining destination, celebrated for its exceptional offerings. Renowned for its fresh and generous sashimi, regulars appreciate the consistent quality of the thick and juicy cuts of sashimi, mouth-watering Chirashi Don, Saikoro Steak and more.
The Kaisen Chirashi don is a delightful and satisfying choice for those looking to savour premium sashimi alongside a hearty bowl of rice for a satisfying meal. With its carefully curated menu and an extensive selection of quality drinks, The Sushi Bar offers a gourmet journey, making every visit a joyful discovery. Discover the wonders of Japanese food, regardless of whether you’re a sushi enthusiast or just discovering the wonders of Japanese food.
1. One of the better Japanese restaurants in town. Sashimi is always fresh and cut thickly, making the Kaisen Chirashi don an attractive and filling option. Squid is also grilled to perfection, leaving a slightly chewy yet palatable aftertaste when eaten with the teriyaki sauce. Salmon aburi soft shell crab roll is tasty, crunchy, and with a slight hint of savoury.
2. Back again at my all time FAV FAV FAV japanese place and i still get blown away every single time.
3. Go a bit early before dinner time so that Q won’t be too long. Salmon super fresh, chirashi don a must to try. Scallop mentaiyaki, chawanmushi always a must to eat. Tori katsu although is deep fried but its soft inside.
Located in the heart of Orchard Road, Misato is a culinary gem, offering an unparalleled Japanese dining experience that transcends expectations in a contemporary and chic Japanese restaurant. As an award-winning Japanese restaurant in Singapore, the restaurant boasts an array of authentic and delectable dishes that promise a delightful culinary experience. The artful presentation of each dish enhances the dining pleasure, providing a feast for both the eyes and the palate. Alongside, the attentive service adds to the overall excellence, earning the restaurant a well-deserved five-star rating. Celebrate special occasions or indulge in a gastronomic journey with Misato’s meticulously crafted dishes, ensuring a memorable and delightful experience that beckons diners back for more.
1. Absolutely delicious Japanese cuisine, if I could give more than 5 stars I would. First of all, the food was very authentic and delicious, definitely one of the best Japanese cuisine in Singapore, comparable to even Japan.
2. Wonderful dining experience at Misato. we tried the expertly prepared wagyu cubes that melt in our mouths, the refreshing and citrusy soba, and the crispy cutlet with savoury curry sauce. for dessert, it’s the velvety matcha bavarois. all these dishes are visually appealing too!
3. The prawns are expertly battered and fried to a golden crisp, achieving a perfect balance of crunchy exterior and succulent interior. The accompanying dipping sauce adds a savoury touch, making Ebi dishes a delightful culinary experience.
|Tuesday – Sunday: 12 PM – 3 PM, 6 PM – 10 PM | Closed Mondays
|176 Orchard Road, #01-33E The Centrepoint, Singapore, Singapore
Take your culinary adventure to the next level and let the flavours of Japan guide you in your culinary journey. Embark on a gastronomic journey in Singapore’s bustling shopping area, to discover culinary excellence at these four best Japanese restaurants near Orchard Road, where delectable delights await to capture the essence of Japan and tantalise your taste buds.