Orchard Road is Singapore’s most popular retail and entertainment zone, it is home to many great Orchard Chinese restaurants that cater to a wide range of tastes. There’s a need for fine dining because of the area’s wealthy population and heavy visitor traffic. Furthermore, because of Orchard Road’s strategic position, renowned chefs and restaurateurs choose to open their businesses there, taking advantage of the neighbourhood’s reputation for elegance and refinement to provide unmatched Chinese food to both residents and tourists. Here are some of the best Chinese restaurants near Orchard.
Note: This list is not in order.
1. Wan Hao Chinese Restaurant
Every mouthful of the amazing dining experience at Wan Hao Chinese Restaurant reveals a tale of deft artistry and culinary brilliance. Tucked away in a calm setting, it invites guests to savour a variety of delicious dim sum specialties and rich traditional fare. Every dish, from soft Irish duck to sizzling baskets of richly stuffed dim sum, is a masterful symphony of flavours that are carefully created to entice the palate. In the midst of the sophisticated environment, kind and attentive wait staff guarantee a great meal, and the lack of intrusive upselling heightens the experience’s tranquillity. Wan Hao is a sanctuary rather than just a restaurant.
1. Ordered a variety of dim sum, all were really good except the egg tarts (mini and not the best). The price of their dim sum is pretty on par with other places but yet the fillings so generous and you can taste the fresh quality in their ingredients used. My favourite was the steamed glutinous rice, we even ordered a second serving! Service staff were quite busy and not easy to reach hence the slight markdown on service. Otherwise it’s a good experience and we will be back.
2. Good portion for the price . Foods was normal standard , perhaps having higher expectation from the rest reviews . 3 dishes, Scallop and chicken and Ee du rather hard, individual liking , I prefer braised moist soft . Nonetheless , atmosphere was absolutely amazing and service was astonished , thank you Kah Choong who serves and greet with smile ,gentle and polite all times .
3. Lovely dim sum lunch today at Wan Hao for our family of 4 with 2 kids. The Irish duck was tender and juicy. The servers didn’t push for us to order more expensive dishes like we experience in some other restaurants who try very hard to cross sell. The service was attentive and polite. I loved that it was also quiet and elegant for our lunch.
2. Imperial Treasure Fine Shanghai Cuisine
A delightful voyage through Shanghai’s flavours is provided by Imperial Treasure Fine Shanghai Cuisine, where each dish is a showcase for skill and brilliance in the kitchen. Every mouthful is a flavour symphony that lingers, whether you’re enjoying traditional Cantonese dim sum or indulging in their seasonal delicacies like sautéed hairy crab roe. In a welcoming setting, guests receive personalised attention to guarantee a wonderful dining experience. It may take some time to receive the server’s attention, but the excellent meal and wide selection of delectable options more than make up for it. For discriminating eaters looking for outstanding Shanghai cuisine, Imperial Treasure is a refuge.
1. We came at lunchtime without reservation and managed to get a table. The foods were delicious and great. Cozy atmosphere. A bit difficult to get the server’s attention. There’s some interesting food that we like.
2. Extremely satisfied with the service staff and the quality of food. Tried their seasonal sauteed hairy crab roe, truffle honey pea prawn for lunch and left with a very satisfied tummy!
3. Good food, nice ambience, great service! Nice range of dim sum on the menu that is pretty good. Also offers a good number of Cantonese dishes..
3. Peach Garden @ The Heeren
In the heart of Orchard Road’s lively bustle, Peach Garden @ The Heeren is a gourmet delight. Its large private rooms, which have recently undergone renovations, provide a panoramic view of the outside and create the ideal atmosphere for special events. A fine dining experience awaits guests, with freshly made dim sum delicacies that entice the palate. The menu is impressive in terms of flavours and quality generally, even though there is a little irregularity with one item. The warm and inviting atmosphere makes every visit a pleasurable experience, and the dedicated service, led by Gary & Xiao Yan, guarantees that every need is satisfied.
1. The dining space is clean and neat. The dim sum is fresh and the restaurant is offering 50% discounts for most items in the menu (except for suckling pig etc) from 3pm to 5pm during this period. The service and attentiveness of the staff is excellent especially those pouring drinks and cater to needs of young children. Very caring and understanding to the needs of young children.
2. Hosted a staff year end Appreciation Dinner cum Karaoke session at Peach Garden at Heeren on 12/12. The private room was newly renovated and spacious with a good view overlooking Orchard Road Christmas light-up. Everyone enjoyed the great food, good service and singing to our heart’s content.
3. Dim sum is freshly prepared and delicious. We ordered every item in the dim sum menu, at least 4 servings for 13 of us. Just that the Fried Prawn roll with mango tastes like with banana instead. Great service by Gary & Xiao Yan
In short, a competitive culinary scene, affluent customers, and a prominent location combine to produce Orchard Road’s superb Chinese restaurant business. Being a bustling hub for business and leisure, it naturally attracts elite diners and well-known chefs, fostering an environment that’s ideal for excellence. Orchard Chinese restaurants provide a unique culinary experience, whether you’re in the mood for traditional dim sum or creative Shanghai food. Every visit is a multisensory feast that highlights Singapore’s rich culinary history.