Those who work in and around Singapore’s CBD region are well aware that Tanjong Pagar is more than simply a collection of office towers! There are numerous hidden treasures such as fantastic cuisine locations to dine along its many rows of charming beautiful shophouses and plazas. Many eateries have set up business here due to its central position and strong foot traffic, and many of them are superb food for those in the know! With that stated, here are some of the best Korean food Tanjong Pagar has to offer.
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Hongdae Korean Restaurant
Do you yearn for Korean barbecue? Hongdae Korean Restaurant delivers some of Tanjong Pagar’s greatest Korean cuisine. It’s no wonder that Hongdae Korean Restaurant is one of the most well-known destinations to satisfy your Korean culinary demands, with delicacies like Pork Belly, Kimchi Pancake, and Steam Egg. Hongdae Korean Restaurant is open for lunch, dinner, and late nights, making it simple to enjoy a filling, flavorful Korean-style meal alone or with family and friends.
1. Highly recommended to try if you are looking for authentic korean food in Singapore. They have renovated the restaurant. I love that we have sit at a semi private corner. There are many configurations for seating area. I saw a group of 15 pax gathering and yet we are able to enjoy our dinner without disturbing each other. Food is amazing and authentic.
2. “Outstanding dining experience! The ambiance is inviting, service is impeccable, and the menu is a gastronomic delight. Every dish is a masterpiece, showcasing creativity and top-notch ingredients. A must-visit for those seeking a memorable culinary adventure.”
3. Nice Korean restaurant around Outram area. It’s one of the most authentic Korean restaurants in the central. Love the attitude of the owner and staffs. Excellent service and yummy food. We tried L.A Cut Marinated Beef, Pork Belly, Kimchi Pancake and Steam Egg. All is so yummy. Also, the complementary side dishes are refillable. Highly recommended 👍
Operating Hours: Lunch: 11.30 AM-3 PM | Dinner: 5 PM- 11.30 PM
Number: 6438 8907
Address: 118 Neil Rd, Singapore 088854
2. Hwang Sil Jjajang Jjampong Specialty Restaurant
Those looking for an authentic dining experience when it comes to Korean food can head down to Hwang Sil Jjajang Jjampong specialty restaurant. Boasting a menu of succulent meats and generous portions, this Korean restaurant is the place to go if you’re feeling especially hungry. With a roster of well-trained staff that help out with cooking the generous cuts of meat, dining here is a fuss-free experience that makes Hwang Sil Jjajang Jjampong specialty restaurant a must-visit for residents, salarymen or visitors in and around the area of Tanjong Pagar.
1. First time visit recommended by bff. All good. Must try. I love their Jjampong and Jjangymeon the most. Will come back again for these 2 noodles. Yummy 🤤 Happy tummy.
2. Love it! I just got back from Jeju and was missing Tangsuyuk so much. Not black pork but I enjoyed the dish so much. $53 for Tangsuyuk, Mandu, Jjamppong & Jjajiangmyeon (SET A) Bonus is that they have baijiu and also Korean alcohol available.
3. Hidden gem in the corner of Tanjong Pagar. Their food is very authentic and tastes very similar as the one I had in Korea. Sweet and sour pork is the best among so many Korean restaurants I went in SG. Jjajangmyeon and jjamppong are also super nice (beware, their jjamppong is very spicy)
Operating Hours: Weekdays Lunch: 11:30 AM – 3 PM , Dinner: 5:30 PM – 11:30 PM | Saturdays: 11:30 AM – 9:30 PM | Sundays: 11:30 AM – 9 PM
Number: 6224 4371
Address: 38 Maxwell Rd, #01-05, Singapore 069116
3. Twins Korean Restaurant
Open late into the evening, Twins Korean Restaurant presents itself as the premier choice for diners looking for a delicious dinner or supper. With a mission to provide great quality food for those late night hunger pangs, Twins Korean Restaurant prides itself on using the freshest ingredients and prompt service. WIth opening hours extending til 11pm, it is no wonder that locals familiar with Tanjong Pagar mention Twins Korean Restaurant as the place to go for a late night meal.
1. Tasty chicken and light cooling beer soju. Special ice cream beer. Good place for friends to hangout after work. Not so crowded during weekdays
2. Enjoyed a wide selection of Korean food, ranging from fried chicken to seafood pancake, the options were all delightful. Of coz, the fried chicken stood out. The army stew was not too spicy, and the sweet & sour pork was lightly fried and well seasoned. Beef japchae was great too. Overall, a good find and worth a visit.
3. Wow I love the food here! Had the half soy garlic chicken and half yangnyum chicken. Chicken was moist and not oily. Not too jelak too. Fries were fried nicely and was a good add on. Also ordered the jjamppong stew and wow the jjampping flavour is good. Lots of seafood – octopus, mussel, clams and frozen prawn (not the fresh prawn type). The stew was a nice addition. Water was free and refillable. Portions were just right for 3 pax. Service was prompt and attentive too. Will return for their ice cream beer and fried chicken
Operating Hours: Weekdays & Saturdays Lunch: 11:30 AM– 3 PM , Dinner: 5 PM – 11 PM | Sundays: 5 PM – 11 PM
Number: 6221 5205
Address: 7 Craig Rd, Singapore 089667
4. Dosirak- Guoco Tower Branch
Are you a diner who prefers convenience and efficiency? Dosirak Guoco Tower is one such place that makes dining this way. With carefully planned set menus optimised for great taste and complementing ingredients, Dosirak Guoco Tower is yet another Korean eatery that has made a respectable name amongst diners in and around Tanjong Pagar. With interesting main dishes such as topokki, bibimbap and dumplings, Dosirak Guoco Tower also provides generous portions that will leave any hungry diner leaving the place greatly satisfied and happy!
1. Healthy and delicious food😋😋.
2. Excellent bibimbap. The quality of the ingredients was top notch and their sauces are amazing….will be a regular here
3. Ordered the soy chicken. It was fantastic! Helpful and friendly staff as well!
Operating Hours: Weekdays: 11 AM – 9 PM | Closed Sundays
Address: 7 Wallich St, B2-19, Singapore 078884
A more upscale Korean restaurant, Sura is a great place to enjoy Korean food in Tanjong Pagar. Focused on providing a classy ambience and authentic Korean cooking, this place is a must-visit due to their great, helpful service and wonderful mains and sides such as Sura. Staying open til 10pm, Sura is yet another eatery that makes itself the perfect city area haunt for those looking for a delectable dinner with friends or family.
1. This is a great fine dining version of Korean BBQ but at a very affordable price. Me andd my gf had the beef set meal at just 99 and it comes with so much beef and free flowing side dishes. The ambiance of the place was amazing down to their gold plated looking utensils and plates. The service was also very good. Definitely worth visiting!
2. To me, this is definitely a Michelin star worthy restaurant. From the pumpkin soup in the beginning, to the impressive and delectable array of banchan, the attentive service including the grilling of the meat for the diners – all these way exceeded our expectation of Korean BBQ experience here in Singapore, and at a price that is comparable to other restaurants. The brass cutlery used here accentuate the fine dining experience and feeling of indulging in a grandeur feast. This would definitely be my goto place for Korean fare henceforth.
3. Had the lunch course here and enjoyed it very much. Ingredients were fresh and the sashimi plate was so beautifully garnished and decorated. The service was friendly too!
Operating Hours: Lunch: 11:30 AM – 3 PM, Dinner: 5:30 PM – 10 PM
Number: 6223 2289
Address: 60 Tg Pagar Rd, Singapore 088481
6. Busan Korean Sashimi & Seafood Restaurant
Korean seafood lovers rejoice! Busan Korean Sashimi & Seafood Restaurant offers great value for money when it comes to sashimi and other ocean delights. A place well respected for their affordable prices and generous servings, Busan Korean Sashimi & Seafood Restaurant is the ultimate place to go for the discerning diner on a budget. With a great host of attentive and prompt staff members, this place presents itself as a strong go-to for residents and visitors in and around Tanjong Pagar. Head down to Busan Korean Sashimi & Seafood Restaurant to eat your fill of succulent, flavorful Korean seafood dishes today!
1. First time being here for fresh live octopus, fresh oysters, seasoned crab and seasonal jeju shrimp! Service was excellent, toilet was really clean. Comfortable sittings, we came early and it’s very quiet and really enjoyed our seafood here. Definitely will patronize again!
2. Came here with a friend on a Sat night and was blown away with how attentive the service staff are, Sunny in particular deserves special mention. A lot of attention was paid to food and service quality, even my friend’s dietary restrictions were taken into consideration when recommending prior to us finalising our order. The sashimi set is very fresh and portion is huge. Requests for additional banchan were also promptly attended to, we had a good time here and would definitely return.
3. I had been there for the 4th times! The freshness of the food and the service is definitely 101%! I will bring more friends to Busan, that’s for sure!!! N Sunny has always been so welcoming and make us feel so vip n home… She is definitely a gem to the company!!! Never disappoint! I will b bck soon!!!
Operating Hours: Weekdays & Saturday Lunch: 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM, Dinner: 4:30 PM – 10 PM | Closed Sundays
Number: 8112 1329
Address: 26 Tg Pagar Rd, Singapore 088449
As seen from the many places selling Korean food Tanjong Pagar has to offer, locals would do well to pay this area a visit and see for themselves the sheer amount of hearty, delicious dining options that they often overlook. Working in the CBD has its perks, but the greatest perk of them all may well be the proximity to so many great dining places.