Nasi lemak is a beloved Malay rice dish, taking center stage for its wide array of side dishes and combinations. The dish is a symphony of flavors, offering a unique blend of different flavors each time, depending on the side dishes ordered. Explore the three best Nasi Lemak near Yishun to satisfy your cravings, from aromatic rice to flavourful side dishes. Explore the vibrant and diverse world of Nasi Lemak at your doorstep in Yishun!
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Coba Coba
Coba Coba is an Indonesian eatery opened by a father and son duo to pay homage to their Indonesian background. The eatery promises a delightful culinary experience filled with traditional and old-school flavors. The nasi padang served at Coba Coba is an Indonesian version of the nasi lemak. Choose your side dishes from the wide selection offered and indulge in the delectable meal. The exquisite delights, bursting with authentic Indonesian tastes and generous portions, highlight the culinary skill of this family-owned gem. The eatery provides a perfect balance of friendly service, rich aromas, and a relaxed atmosphere. Coba Coba embraces Indonesia’s rich culinary heritage, with each dish offering a distinct blend of spices and traditional flavors.
1. First time here to coba (try) the food. Very delicious and generous amount. Price slightly on the high side but once you take a few mouth of the food, you forget about how much you paid. The beef rendang is tender and I will recommend as first meat dish if this is your first visit. Nicely located corner makan place so you get some good wind circulation… Essential when eating spicy food. 😂 Staff are friendly and chill.
2. Good Nasi Padang dishes and Nasi Ambeng set! 2 meat and 1 veg with 1 drink costs $13.50. Spicy and great taste, easy to eat and not too heavy. Friendly service.
3. Came by on a rainy Sunday around 11am, right before the lunch crowd. Had the sotong, paru, assam fish. All tasted very good! Price is reasonable too!
Operating Hours: 7.45 AM – 7 PM | Closed on Tuesdays
Number: 6382 2622
Address: 156 Yishun Street 11, #01-106, Singapore 760156
2. Nasi Lemak Ayam Taliwang – Yishun Park Hawker Centre Branch
Nasi Lemak Ayam Taliwang is an award-winning Michelin eatery in Singapore that specializes in Nasi Lemak. The establishment has expanded its presence with multiple locations throughout Singapore. Known for its Nasi Lemak, the fragrant rice infused with coconut cream serves as a canvas for the rich flavors of the crispy anchovies, sunny-side-up egg, and chicken leg marinated in a flavorful homemade balado red chili and chili padi sauce. When paired with the homemade sambal, it instantly enhances the overall flavor of the meal, producing the ideal balance of spicy and savory tastes. Nasi Lemak Ayam Taliwang takes you on a gastronomic journey, with each dish celebrating taste and tradition.
1. Love this nasi lemak, rice is fragrant, sambal has just the right amount of sweetness and spicy kick. Chicken is grilled over fire and tender to the bone with amazingly crispy skin. I ordered the ayam taliwang #10 and added a begedel. The staff also changed out my order slightly willingly (no attitude) when I mentioned I wanted my chilli on the side.
2. Even though the queue was long (some people order 8-10 packs), the orders were served quickly. The spice level was out of this world (15/10) for us, even though we are Peranakans. Thank goodness for the cucumber! The chicken is juicy and tender and had the lovely charcoal BBQ smokiness. The nasi was fragrant with just the right balance of coconut and lemongrass. The sweet sambal was a nice counterpoint to the spiciness. Egg was a little over cooked today as the yolk was not runny. Definitely will order again! Thank you!
3. Went to try this after seeing them on Netflix. The sambal on the Ayam Taliwang is really a winner. Brings you back to the wonderful sambals in Bali (ok the sambal is from Lombok but the closest I’ve been to is Bali). The Nasi Lemak is also top notch. The Nasi Lemak sambal is also on par with the Taliwang.
Operating Hours: 9 AM – 9.30 PM
Number: 8750 5240
Address: 51 Yishun Ave 11, #01-33 Yishun Park Hawker Centre, Singapore 768867
3. Chong Pang Nasi Lemak
Chong Pang Nasi Lemak is a hidden gem near Yishun, patronized by loyal customers for many years. The menu boasts an extensive array of toppings, from the essential fried chicken to sunny side eggs, stir-fried vegetables, and more, offering an irresistible selection of side dishes for you to choose from. Beyond the flavorful coconut rice, the standout feature is the exquisite sambal, striking a perfect balance between spicy and sweet. Chong Pang Nasi Lemak is the ideal spot for a late-night supper meal, providing a flavourful and satisfying dining experience. With generous portions and affordable prices, this culinary haven continues to delight patrons.
1. Chongbang Nasi Lemak must be a super local food bar secretly owned by Singaporeans😎 As a Malaysian who was born in a country that is big on nasi lemak, I have very high requirements for this national delicacy🤪
2. Sambal chilli is sweet, so you can spam it. Service was very fast. Definitely get the chicken wings/ drumstick. As you can see the drumstick is HUGE.
3. Best nasi lemak in Spore!! I have eating since 22 yrs ago. Standard never drop. Fantastic!
Operating Hours: 5 PM – 6.30 AM
Number: 9655 1868
Address: 447 Sembawang Rd, Singapore 758404
Discover the three best Nasi Lemak dining establishments in Yishun, each delivering a combination of authentic and traditional flavors for a wonderful dining experience. Don’t miss out on experiencing Singapore’s unique food scene right in the heart of the Yishun.