Singapore is filled with an array of cultures and culinary delights especially in one of the most colourful and bustling streets, Little India. The streets of Little India offer a culinary experience with aromatic spices and various dishes that India has to offer. Delivering culinary delights from both the North and South of India, check out these four best restaurants near Little India MRT for the best Indian cuisines.
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Komala Vilas Restaurant
Established in 1947, Komala Vilas Restaurant is listed as one of Singapore’s heritage brands, enjoyed by locals, expats and tourists alike. Delivering authentic and traditional cuisines originating from Tamil Nadu, the restaurant exclusively serves vegetarian meals. Komala Vilas has since expanded its food offerings, incorporating dishes from North and South India.
The menu at Komala Vilas boasts an extensive array of dishes, including popular menu items such as the Rice Meal. This signature offering features a delightful combination of rice, vegetables, dhal, sambar, and other delectable side dishes. Other favourite menu items are the Vegetable Biryani, Andra Meal, Dosai Meal and Chappati Meal.
1. A delight to every South Indian dish that’s being presented! The restaurant holds the legacy with not just the location, the interior but also to the taste with food. We tried a few variations including the famous meal and biriyani. A must try will be the meal combo, served hot. We had to wait for around 30 mins to get seated but it’s worth the wait.. ground floor and first floor has seating capacity. The prices are very reasonable for the quantity being served. Will definitely recommend this place for all South Indian vegetarian fans!
2. After a long travel, nothing gives more comfort than a nice India food. It was busy but we got the table quickly, there was no waiting. The staff was extreme friendly and their service was amazing …Highly recommend for those who love Indian food
3. This place has been around decades and with good reason. If there is a line don’t fret it moves pretty quick. Cheap, delicious food, what’s not to like. Great service, everyone is friendly and its super fast too. Dosas are a must try but get as much as you can because it’s all so good.
Operating Hours: 7 AM – 11.30 PM
Number: 6293 6980
Address: 76-78 Serangoon Rd, Singapore 217981
2. Khansama Tandoori Restaurant
Situated along Norris Road, Khansama Tandoori Restaurant Is a highly sought-after Indian restaurant near Little India MRT by locals and tourists. The restaurant features an open-air dining space on the first level and indoor, air-conditioned seating on the second floor. From delicious starters to sweet desserts, explore Khansama Tandoori Restaurant’s vast menu to discover what they have in store to offer.
With a selection of over 300 dishes, their vast array of menu items includes kebabs, vegetables, meats, egg and rice dishes. Among their many food offerings, the highly recommended dishes are the creamy Butter Chicken, soft yet crispy Naan and tender Chicken Tikka Masala. Khansama Tandoori Restaurant promises a flavourful culinary journey filled with different flavours and spices to delight your palate.
1. Absolutely delicious Indian food in a fun open air location with a corner view of the street. Friendly service; we left, saying we’d probably be back and were greeted warmly when we did. Curries are delicious and the pakoras are tasty too. Chilli pakoras are no joke though, super spicy!
2. Finally tried this place as I was super hungry. Turned out they had an air conditioned section at level 2. The chicken biryani was nice although I wished there was more portions of chicken meat. Service was fast.
3. Amazing food with amazing service! Ordered the Butter Chicken, Garlic butter naan, garlic cheese naan and chicken tandoori. All were fantastic and I would strongly recommend the trying the butter chicken!
Operating Hours: 10 AM – 11.45 AM
Number: 6299 0300
Address: 166 Serangoon Road Junction of, Norris Rd, 218050
3. Jaggi’s Northern Indian Cuisine
Jaggi’s Northern Indian Cuisine focuses on delivering quality North Indian delicacies to Singapore. First opened in 1995 on Kerbau Road by Mr Gurcharan Singh, the restaurant has since delivered authentic and high-quality dining experiences, earning the hearts of locals and tourists.
Among their diverse menu items, the must-try dishes are the Naan, Chicken Tikka, Butter Chicken, Mutton Tikka and Pulou Bread. The Naans are freshly made on the spot, perfectly complimenting the flavourful Butter Chicken for the perfect spicy yet butter goodness. Jaggi’s Northern Indian Cuisine also offers vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, depending on your preferences.
1. Absolutely delicious Indian dishes. The mutton dum biryani is nice but comparing to the other dishes, it doesn’t shine as bright. Highly recommend their naan and side dishes, especially their butter chicken. If you’re tall, please mind your head when you dine at the upper level. Price point is also reasonable. Highly recommended.
2. A good friend introduced this place to me while in Singapore. It is their long time fave and seems it’s going to be my favourite too. They serve delicious Northern India food. Naan, chicken tikka, butter chicken, mutton tikka, pulou (pilaf) bread also goody. Tried the ice masala tea and their sweet snack which also good. You get to choose the food and the drink at the food counter, pay than eat. It’s that quick and go kind of place. Will definitely coming back.
3. Great unique northern indian food that you can rarely find anywhere else and with reasonable prices!!! My favourite will be the butter chicken and tandoori chicken!!! The dessert available is also very unique but be warned, they are very sweet and may not be suitable for everyone!!! 😆
Operating Hours: 11 AM – 10.30 PM
Number: 6296 6141
Address: 36 Race Course Rd, Singapore 218554
4. Gayatri Restaurant
At Gayatri Restaurant, the professional chefs are dedicated to delivering an authentic and exceptional dining experience. The restaurant incorporates an open kitchen concept into its space, allowing guests to watch as the skilled chefs flip the Naans and Pratas. As you indulge in the rich flavour that Gayatri Restaurant has to offer, the mix of various spices in each dish tantalises your taste buds.
Gayatri Restaurant aims to redefine your culinary experience through its wide menu offering both North Indian and South Indian cuisines. Select from an array of traditional Indian dishes and savour the rich flavour, warm spices and aromatic dishes. Following the main course, treat yourself to a sweet dessert such as the Gulab Jamun, fried milk balls dipped in golden sugar syrup, or the Pista Kulfi, a pistachio-flavoured traditional ice cream, for a sweet and satisfying treat.
1. It was such an incredible Feeling trying Turkey Dum Briyani as it was fantastic ! Such a creative way to present a Thanksgiving dinner with an Indian twist ! Although we were hesitant at first to try, we were given the confidence by ur staff Mahesh to give it a shot. And truly it wasn’t disappointing at all! Recommended to visit here and get a taste of it. Just a small suggestion to perhaps switch the drink to dessert . That would make this set PERFECT !!!
2. Food is always good, my husband and I are fans. It’s great that they’ve added a membership system now so we get more discounts every time we visit. Best raita in town!
3. Very delicious, every dish is delicious and the owner and staff are very friendly! very nice Indian Restaurant! highly recommend. Especially the Curry fish head
Operating Hours: 11 AM – 10.30 PM
Number: 6291 1011
Address: 122 Race Course Rd, #01-01, Singapore 218583
5. Kailash Parbat Restaurant
Kailash Parbat Restaurant is an authentic Indian restaurant offering delectable delights to people of all ages, religions and communities. Kailash Parbat Restaurant focuses on rich and flavourful North Indian cuisine, crafted with an array of herbs and spices to satiate your taste buds. The restaurant is your one-stop solution, whether you are looking for a delicious meal, outdoor catering service or a banquet service.
The restaurant serves an extensive number of menu items, including Indian street foods, clay oven bakes, oriental dishes, pizzas, flavours of Punjab and more. Indulge in their house specials, such as the Ragda Pattice, Masala Pav and Sindhi Bhajiya, or explore other delights like Pani Puri and Chaats.
1. Very good option for Indian vegetarian food. Was seated very fast and the service was also good. During peak dinner time 8-9pm place will be crowded and generally there will be waiting. Vast Manu covers most of the Indian variety food. Food is really tasty, especially all the chat items are very nice. If you are looking for Indian vegetarian food definitely worth a try.
2. My Son actually just wanted to try the Panipuri as recommended by friends. We only ordered that and a drink but staff were still so friendly and served us with passion. The dish was okay; something unique that we’ve never tried before. Surprisingly tasted quite okay without too strong flavours.
3. Food is very tasty and tastes exactly like in India. The quantity is also sufficient. Tried paneer butter masala, naans, various chats, rice. All are awesome with few exceptions like Chole did taste good, the vegetables in masala khichdi were raw and unboiled.
Operating Hours: 11 AM – 10.30 PM
Number: 6836 5545
Address: 3 Belilios Rd, #01-03 Hilton Garden Inn, Singapore 219924
Indulge in these four best Restaurants near Little India MRT for an exciting feast for the senses. From tender Chicken Tikka Masala to crispy Naan bread, explore the vast selection of delectable Indian cuisine offerings from Northern and Southern India, each bringing a unique touch to your culinary experience.