Known for its rich cultural heritage, Joo Chiat Road is an iconic spot in Katong, Singapore. Once a coconut plantation, the area has been redeveloped into a residential suburb, standing out with its unique pre-war architecture and vibrant shophouses. Alongside the unique architecture, the area is also widely known for its diverse culinary offerings, especially the famous Katong Laksa, Kueh Chang and Nonya specialities. Joo Chiat Road is not only a historical gem but also home to a selection of exquisite hotels that promise an unforgettable stay. From contemporary luxury to boutique charm, check out these four best hotels near Joo Chiat Road, each standing as a gateway to the rich cultural tapestry of the surrounding area.
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong
Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong emerges as one of the top choices for excellent accommodation at reasonable prices. Situated within the vibrant neighborhoods of Katong, the hotel is conveniently located between Changi Airport and the Marina Bay Cruise Centre. Not only do you have access to Katong’s wide variety of amenities, but the hotel also provides an accessible way to travel, whether you are catching a flight or embarking on a cruise. Unwind in comfort and style with Holiday Inn Express Katong’s signature white and crisp linen beddings, as well as various types of pillows for a comfortable stay. Before heading out, guests can also relish the wide array of Halal-certified breakfast buffet that serves a variety of cuisines. The central location, reasonable prices, and premium services offered make Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong a highly recommended accommodation to stay in Katong.
1. Excellent place to stay in Singapore. I had a view of the city from my room. Price is reasonable around $50. It’s in between the airport and the cruise port so it’s a convenient place to stay if you’re going on a cruise of flying back home. Great places to see within walking distance.
2. I would highly recommend for one particular reason: probably one of the best beds and pillows ever in my travels, to the point you may want to just sleep in, which is terrible considering the breakfast provided, which can definitely improve with more protein options, there were just way too many carbohydrates, which is kind of a downer since they had a cool gym concept. Another would be the location, not exactly direct hence people unfamiliar with the area might get lost, but other than that, it is a great hotel option, and that’s why there were so many people at breakfast (inconvenient to take pictures and videos)
3. Very nice, economical place to stay here in Singapore. There are a ton of rooms. The breakfast is really good and busy but we didn’t have trouble finding a table. Centrally located. Good place to stay.
Operating Hours: –
Number: 6723 2001
Address: 88 East Coast Road, Singapore, 423371 Singapore
2. Hotel Indigo Singapore Katong
Immerse yourself into the rich tapestry of Peranakan culture at Hotel Indigo Singapore Katong. Offering unique architectural designs with a delightful blend of tradition and modernity, the hotel is perfect for those seeking a cultural experience during their stay in Singapore. Enjoy the various amenities offered at the hotel, including the rooftop infinity pool, or savor delectable Peranakan cuisines at Baba Chews Bar and Eatery. From excellent service to a rooftop pool retreat, Hotel Indigo Singapore Katong ensures an unforgettable stay with a perfect Peranakan touch. Take a glimpse of the rich Peranakan heritage right in your hotel room before heading out to continue your explorations in the vibrant neighborhood of Katong and Joo Chiat Road.
1. Nostalgic Peranakan touch! Definitely transporting back in time. Letting the young ones have a feel what Peranakan culture is all about. Service is great from concierge, F&B and housekeeping! Keep up the good work! Hopefully, we will be back soon!
2. I’ve been stayed for 10 days, room is so clean, staff were so nice, elegant high floor view, the breakfast maybe don’t have so much choice but the organic egg was sooooo nice, coffee was fresh and supply from common man coffee. Katong is a convenient place which you can eat drink and shopping from downstairs. Highly recommended.
3. Uniquely beautiful modern hotel with a taste of Peranakan. Love the decor and the bed is very comfortable. The breakfast at Baba Chew restaurant downstairs is great and cleaver. Rooftop pool is great to chill and relax.
Operating Hours: –
Number: 6723 7001
Address: 86 East Coast Road, Singapore, 428788 Singapore
3. Village Hotel Katong
Village Hotel Katong perfectly captures the essence of Peranakan culture, featuring various Peranakan elements in the modern space. This boutique hotel offers a unique experience with its contemporary design infused with Peranakan influences, celebrating the rich cultural tapestry of the area. The well-designed rooms ensure a relaxing stay, complemented by attentive service from the exceptional staff at Village Hotel Katong. Guests can explore the neighborhood’s culinary delights and historic charm, including the aesthetic and vibrant streets of Joo Chiat Road. Discover a delightful stay at Village Hotel Katong, where friendly staff and elegant interiors create a pleasant retreat, promising a memorable and gratifying experience for every guest.
1. We only booked one night. Pleasant hotel with very friendly staff. Mostly Asian guests – and the breakfast buffet accordingly. Everything was very clean and although the hotel is a bit older it doesn’t smell musty. We were very satisfied. The hotel is 15 minutes (by taxi) from the airport and is ideal for an overnight stay… although we could definitely imagine booking for a week as well
2. Room was very nice and comfortable.hotel interiors/facilities very beautiful and elegant.It was quite a relaxing stay. Staff were super nice too Breakfast buffet and Restaurant selection was very good and the food was great!
3. Very Happy with the service and hospitality delivered by Village Hotel Katong team. A special mention to Kenneth, Ben and Lora who personalised the service and made it worth the trip. Very very thankful to Ben who not only located my lost credit card but also reached out and provided it to me saving on the anxiety and chaos. Would surely want to use the services in future. Thanks Team!!!
Operating Hours: –
Number: 6344 2200
Address: 25 Marine Parade Road Singapore 449536
4. Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy
Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy, complete with contemporary furnishings, provides a peaceful hideaway. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of Katong, a neighborhood noted for its cultural heritage and architecture, offering a seamless blend of comfort and convenience. From efficient check-in to a diverse and high-quality breakfast, the hotel exudes excellence in every form. Besides the hotel’s wide array of amenities and dining options, explore the other nearby dining options to experience an authentic Singaporean dining experience. Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy is an excellent choice for business and leisure travelers, with its outstanding services and convenient locations ensuring a desire to return.
1. We arrived around 7pm, short taxi ride from the airport. Easy check-in,lovely staff. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The hotel is close to restaurants and near a shopping complex. Very convenient. We appreciated the late checkout.
2. We just had an amazing 10 night stay at the hotel. We requested joining rooms as there we were a big group with young children. The Roxy made sure we got them! The service offered and friendly staff all throughout the hotel made the stay an enjoyable one. The swimming pool was a perfect size and depth for the whole family to enjoy.
3. The efficiency of check-in as well as the excellent presentation of the room itself were notable. The breakfast too was impressively varied and of a very high quality. Most impressive of all was the helpfulness and courtesy of the Concierge when I checked out – he took out my luggage to the taxi and loaded it for me. I was most grateful and will return again to this Grand Mercure hotel.
Operating Hours: –
Number: 6344 8000
Address: 50 East Coast Road, Marine Parade Rd, Roxy Square, 428769
These four best hotels, located along the bustling Joo Chiat Road, stand out as beacons of hospitality, perfectly blending modern comforts with the cultural depth of the surroundings. Conclude your trip to Singapore with a memorable stay in the vibrant areas of Joo Chiat Road in Katong.