With origins tracing back to ancient India, yoga is both a physical-fitness practice that aims to free the body from stress, as well as a meditative activity for the overall wellbeing of one’s mind and spiritual core. Having introduced to the West by Indian yoga gurus in the late 19th to early 20th century, it has vastly grown in demand and popularity all across the globe because of its multiple benefits to both the body and mind that your regular gym weights cannot provide. So, if you are looking for the best places in Singapore to start your journey off into experiencing yoga and the benefits that its patrons swear by, we have listed 3 of the best ones located in Orchard so that you can help in propagating the practice by getting your hands into it and experiencing it for yourself!
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. PURE Yoga
Staying true to the title of this write-up, we are starting this list off with a yoga studio that is appropriately named PURE Yoga, with capitalized “pure” for emphasis. This yoga studio takes pride in being a sanctuary for one’s strength and spirit, two things that can easily get strained by a fast-paced lifestyle. Located in the heart of Singapore, the folks from PURE Yoga believe in the practice’s capability to help you lead not only a healthier life but also a happier and more balanced one. With their aim to inspire people from various age groups and with multiple abilities, PURE Yoga sees to it that their teaching sessions and facilities guarantee the accomplishment of their goals.
With over 1,600 classes in a week by their passionate team of 200 yoga instructors, you can definitely get a one-of-a-kind yoga experience with PURE Yoga regardless if you’re an experienced yogi or a beginner!
1. PURE yoga is truly a haven for wellness enthusiasts. The serene ambiance, experienced instructors, and diverse class offerings make it an exceptional place to practice yoga. The attention to individual needs and the emphasis on mindful movements contribute to a deeply rejuvenating experience. Highly recommended!
2. The crew here never fails to disappoint! Super warm greetings every time we arrive, always makes it feel like coming home! Special shout out to Fang Jun for helping out today. My only wish is for them to have more Hot 26 classes! Apart from that, always a pleasure coming back home!
3. I’ve been heading to PURE for a long time. The staff at the front desk has been incredible and a delight to talk to, especially Fang Jun at the front desk. Everyone in the PURE team that I have met so far has been part of why I am still staying with PURE.
Operating Hours: Mon-Thur 7 AM–9.30PM | Fri 7AM-9.15PM | Sat-Sun 7.45AM-6.30PM
Number: 6733 8863
Address: Level 18, Ngee Ann City Tower A, 391A Orchard Rd, Singapore 238873
2. Hom Yoga
This yoga studio was formed by the belief that the principles of transformation and empowerment can be achieved through high-quality yoga teaching. Through its legacy of providing in-depth yoga teaching services in Singapore for many years, Hom Yoga guarantees that you get the best yoga experience with them! From a practice that was solely to help improve physical fitness, Hom Yoga has adapted to the fact that the practice of yoga has evolved into helping you achieve a deeper sense of transformation and purpose to your life, as well!
Hom Yoga believes that transforming your life is best done through searching for life’s greater meaning. And with various class types ranging from Vinyasa Flow which focuses on breath to build on strength and foundation, all the way to prenatal and postpartum yoga for mothers, Hom Yoga provides services that will help you in your pursuit for personal transformation.
1. Such an amazing studio! The staff is very welcoming and nice. The teachers are professional and classes are high level. For sure will be back in me next visit in Singapore:)
2. Angie Yeo is a very good yoga teacher. I have not been to yoga for years due to two pregnancies and kids, and needless to say my core is very weak. Angie conducts her class such that serious yogi can challenge themselves further and newbie like me can push themselves without feeling over stretched. After going to her classes once a week for a few months now, I feel much stronger.
3. HOM Yoga is one of the best studios in Singapore. They offer different types of yoga so I won’t get bored of doing one repeatedly. Also, shower facilities are good!
Operating Hours: Monday -Friday: 6.30 AM-9.30PM | Saturday: 7 AM-6.30 PM | Sunday: 7.30AM-6.30PM
Number: 6238 0101
Address: 181 Orchard Rd, #06-12/13, Singapore 238896
3. Sweatbox Yoga
If you are looking into yoga to get in shape or achieve optimum physical condition, look no further than Sweatbox Yoga! This yoga studio aims to make your fitness journey fun and sustainable, regardless of your gender or age. Among their two locations, their Orchard studio boasts of a studio that is spacious and brightly lit, complemented by a view of Singapore’s urban landscape. If you’re a beginner and feel intimidated by everything you might encounter in your yoga journey, Sweatbox Yoga guarantees that its space is suitable for all types of learners, and that their in-house yoga instructors will guide you through by tailoring an inclusive workshop based on your learning level. So whether you are a seasoned yoga enthusiast or someone who is just testing its waters, there is a class for you!
Equipped with state-of-the-art heating panels for hot yoga, and a wide selection of yoga classes performed by experienced instructors who prioritize your overall safety and wellbeing, it’s no surprise that Sweatbox Yoga is among Singapore’s best boutique yoga studios!
1. A great studio with great staff! I recently attended the Yoga Teacher Training Class lead by Lynette and Rachel. The course content and teaching style were fantastic. Both Rachel and Lynette have a vast amount of knowledge and teaching experience which they are able to share in a caring and compassionate way. Highly recommended studio with a great selection of styles for all ages and abilities!
2. I had the best time during the past 6 weeks with Sweatbox Yoga. ♥️ Lynette and Rachel are amazing teachers and they provided the best environment for us to learn and grow in. Their engaging and effective teaching allows us to understand many things a lot faster. Not only are they great teachers but great humans.
3. I m so happy that I did my 200 hours YTT with Sweatbox Yoga. The trainers, Lynette and Rachel are both very knowledgeable, inspiring and motivating. At first, I felt overwhelmed and doubting myself but they created a supportive platform that encourage me to grow and learn. I am very grateful to have this fun learning experience and met two lovely teachers in my yoga journey
Operating Hours: Mon-Fri 8 AM-9 PM | Sat 9 AM-5 PM | Sun 9 AM-5.3 0PM
Number: 6468 0836
Address: 545 Orchard Rd, #03-11, Singapore 238882
Yoga promotes multiple benefits not just to the body, but also to the mind. It can also help people who are trying to get in shape or maintain overall physical wellness. The yoga studios we have listed in this write-up are the ones who can provide you with the best yoga experience in Orchard, regardless if you’re a beginner or a pro yoga enthusiast!