Experience the delicious world of baked goods as we explore the three best bakeries in Bukit Timah, Singapore. From hand-crafted creations to honoured recipes, these places provide a wide variety of cakes and bread that will entice your taste buds. Discover the perfect combination of tastes, textures, and aromas that make each bakery a distinct gourmet experience.
Note: This list is not in order.
1.Baker & Cook – Hillcrest Branch
Hidden within the terrace area of the Eng Kong estate in Bukit Timah, Baker & Cook is a cozy hideaway from the hustle and bustle of Singapore. With a warm ambience and ample seating, this charming cafe is a perfect spot for weekends spent savoring excellent coffee, pastries, cakes, and a diverse range of artisanal bread. The bakery offers hand-crafted creations made with time-honored processes and quality ingredients, bringing the best and freshest bakes to you. Renowned for its AllPress coffee, Baker & Cook at Hillcrest provides a tranquil and kid-friendly environment, making it a recommended destination for those seeking quality baked goods and a relaxed atmosphere in the heart of Bukit Timah.
1. Nice and cosy cafe located in the heart of Eng Kong estate, great place to spend a weekend just chilling at. Good coffee and pastries, and plenty of seats. Wide variety of breads as well!
2. My comfort place for smoothies, coffees and pastries! Brambollini and danishes are my favourites. They always hit the right spots! Salads are also healthy, wholesome and delicious. By far my favourite Baker & Cook outlet even though its quite inaccessible by public transport… service is great!
3. A cosy little nook that’s known to the residents staying at eng kong and along toh tuck road. Good selection of pastries and serving AllPress coffee (pretty popular in NZ and AU) as well. Good ambience, not too noisy and pretty kid-friendly. They do serve pizza here too!
2.Crown Bakery & Cafe
Crown Bakery & Cafe in Bukit Timah is a beloved neighbourhood gem offering the finest loaves and viennoiseries. The bakery blends quality ingredients from around the world, Japanese baking expertise and European bread heritage to create a delightful array of baked goods. This cosy bakery impresses customers with its wide range of freshly baked goods, featuring classic croissants, baguettes, bagels, and more. Crown Bakery & Cafe have also gone the extra mile by displaying the baking schedule so customers can anticipate the availability of their favourite treats. The space provides both indoor and outdoor seating, allowing customers to savour artisanal coffees and explore an enticing selection of pastries and bread loaves in a French-inspired bakery. The exceptional bakes and wide variety make Crown Bakery & Cafe a go-to spot for bread enthusiasts and coffee lovers alike.
1. A cosy and unpretentious bakery & cafe in the Bukit Timah neighbourhood, Crown Bakery has been serving pretty decent baked goods since 2015. Had the Croissant Breakfast Set Meal (only available on weekdays before 1030am), Almond Croissant and Earl Grey Scone. The classic croissant has a lighter texture yet retains the goodness of butter in it. Love it! They are generous with the fillings and side condiments (butter packs, jam packs) which you can help yourself to.
2. Nice little Café near Tan Kah Kee. Their pastries look amazing and they have both indoor and outdoor seating. You can buy loafs of bread here and they have a bread slicing machine in case you want it pre-sliced. Their hazelnut latte is delicious.
3. Love the croissant and pain au Chocolat here! Actually the breads and pastries are all so good. But surely, try the croissant and cinnamon roll! The croissant is crispy and buttery while the cinnamon roll is soft. The staff heats them up and it is just a perfect breakfast with a cup of coffee.
3.iBREAD- Beauty World Centre Branch
iBREAD at Beauty World Centre is a beloved bakery known for its exceptional range of quality bread, cakes, pastries and more at affordable prices. iBREAD is committed to delivering a delightful experience for customers, serving fresh, out-of-the-oven goods daily. From artisanal to classic and traditional breads, each bite offers a delightful and flavourful experience. Besides freshly baked breads, the bakery is also known for its pastries, serving its Signature Portuguese Egg Tart. iBREAD Beauty World Centre is the perfect place to get your daily dose of freshly baked goodness. The friendly staff, enticing promotions, and reasonable prices make iBREAD a top choice for those for a quick and filling snack.
1. Bakery offers a variety of quality bread baked daily. Freshness and texture remains consistent over years. My personal favourite is their garlic bread 🤩 This store is particularly high human traffic in the weekends due to hikers. Hence, while stock last 😏
2. Great traditional baked biscuit selection. Nice breads. Best bread shop in beauty world area.
3. Very friendly staff, always having good promotions and reasonable prices. Bread and pastry is good.
These three best bakeries in Bukit Timah stand as culinary havens, providing something for everyone, from traditional baked goods to gourmet cakes and confections. Enjoy an excellent trip through the world of baked goods in Bukit Timah, where every mouthful reveals a tale of passion and artistry to elevate your bakery experience.