Renowned for its excellent dining establishments and delicious food, Tanjong Pagar is a popular destination in Singapore. Experience the artistry of Japanese Omakase among the numerous culinary options available in the bustling Tanjong Pagar district. Delivering an elegant blend of tastes, innovative dishes, and freshly imported quality produce from Japan, every dish on the Omakase menu is created to take you on a culinary journey to discover the flavours of Japan. In this article, we delve into the three best Japanese Omakase restaurants in Tanjong Pagar, Singapore.
Note: This list is strictly not in order.
1. Teppei Japanese Restaurant
Teppei Japanese Restaurant is a popular Omakase spot in Tanjong Pagar, perfect for satisfying your Japanese food cravings. The restaurant’s cosy atmosphere, delicious food, and excellent service enthral its customers with a gastronomic adventure highlighting Japan’s best flavours. Each month, the restaurant serves various Omakase courses that highlight premium, fresh produce and ingredients based on what’s in season. The Japanese chef walks guests through each meticulously prepared course in detail with a description of the dish. Teppei guarantees an excellent and unforgettable dining experience with its warm and cosy ambience, making it ideal for special occasions or those seeking an authentic Omakase journey.
1. Reserved and waited for a month to finally experience their 16 course Omakase dinner. Every course did not fail amaze my partner and myself. Service and atmosphere were fantastic as the staff and chef were very friendly and attentive. Every course was introduced to us in details so we will know what we are having. Overall a very pleasant experience and wonderful time spent here.
2. Reviewing the Omakase set. It’s probably my 4th or 5th time here, the menu changes monthly but not drastically. I love everything about this place, from the fact that it’s very small and intimate to the food (which for me it’s a very good quality – price ratio). Note you need to book in advance. One thing I miss is the house pour sake which disappeared from the menu some time ago.
3. Celebrated an anniversary dinner here (partner booked 1 month in advance) – and it was a superb experience which left us feeling so satisfied. Every dish had the freshest ingredients, was well executed and incredibly tasty. Definitely a must-try omakase if you’re in Singapore!
Operating Hours: Monday – Saturday: 11.30 AM – 2.30 PM, 6.30 PM – 9.30 PM | Closed Sundays
Number: 6444 7753
Address: 1 Tras Link, #01-18 Orchid Hotel Singapore, Singapore 078867
Hakumai is a hidden culinary gem tucked away on the first level of the International Plaza in Tanjong Pagar. The restaurant offers an exceptional Japanese dining experience, earning high praise for its quality and unique pairings. Each ingredient used is directly sourced from Japan, including the Koshi rice and seafood. The Omakase Menu is a standout choice amongst customers, showcasing exquisite flavours and expert pairings that will pleasantly surprise and satisfy their customers. The restaurant is led by Chef Gary Ng, who has years of experience and training under Japanese masters. With its warm ambience and attentive staff, Hakumai is a highly recommended destination for those seeking well-priced and delicious Omakase delights in Tanjong Pagar.
1. 10/10 for the quality and quantity of Japanese food offerings in the sushi omakase combo. Came to celebrate my anniversary with my partner, left full in both our bellies and our hearts. Extremely hearty experience with the so ever cheerful local chef Gary who never failed to make the experience so comfortable and enjoyable throughout! Shout out to the friendly servers as well. Definitely a recommend for anyone looking for a well-priced and delicious omakase treat. 🙂
2. I had an incredible omakase experience! Chef Gary was not only entertaining but also incredibly friendly. The food quality exceeded my expectations, and surprisingly, I left feeling quite full, which is rare for an omakase course. It was worth every penny, and I wholeheartedly recommend it!
3. Highly recommend! Cosy hidden gem tucked away in International Plaza. Had the Sushi Omakase. It was excellent! Loved how the chef makes the flavours blend so well and has his own unique pairings. Each and every sushi was exquisite. Chef and staff were attentive and friendly, gave me a warm and homely vibe.
Operating Hours: Monday – Saturday: 12 PM – 2.45 PM, 6.15 PM – 10 PM | Closed Sundays
Number: 6224 4790
Address: 10 Anson Rd, #01-50A International Plaza, Singapore 079903
Miraku offers an exceptional Japanese dining experience in Tanjong Pagar, celebrated for its delectable Omakase sets that change every month. The restaurant has a seating capacity of 18 guests with a U-shaped counter, allowing the chefs to personally attend to each guest and elevate their dining experience to ensure customer satisfaction.
The Omakase options feature various high-quality, fresh ingredients, leaving customers impressed with both the taste and value of the meal. Each dish has been meticulously planned, crafted and presented in a visually appealing manner, highlighting the skills of Miraku’s chefs to bring out the visuals and flavours of each ingredient. Whether you are enjoying the Lunch Omakase, Miraku Omakase or savouring a diverse sushi lunch course, Miraku stands out as a destination for memorable and delightful Japanese cuisine.
1. Had the lunch sushi set. Each item was of high quality and really fresh. The team was really attentive to each customer and made the entire experience enjoyable. Would recommend, great taste , great omakase experience and overall great value.
2. heard many good things about miraku and decided to try it today for dinner. overall, very pleasant experience, customer service definitely stood out. servers will address u by ur name, refill your o-cha proactively. chef was very engaging, served the courses at a perfect pace (not too slow nor fast). didn’t manage to take a picture of everything but if u want an affordable dinner omakase with a variety of courses, this is the place. shirako-ten really impressed me for this meal, and so did the sukiyaki. definitely will be full.
3. Had an amazing dinner and my first omakase at Miraku, must say the service was really memorable and the sashimi was pure bliss, especially the uni! Thank you so much to Chef Charles for his wonderful execution and the beautiful plating 🤩
Operating Hours: Monday – Saturday: 11.30 AM – 3 PM, 6 PM – 10 PM | Closed Sundays
Number: 6904 9783 | 8138 3071
Address: 12 Gopeng St, #01-01 to 04 Icon Village, Singapore 078877
Explore these three best Omakase restaurants in the vibrant Tanjong Pagar district that promises to take you on an unforgettable gastronomic journey, offering the finest products, innovative Omakase dishes and excellent customer service.